Your Favorite Viking/Folk Metal Band

I don't care what they are trying to do its a joke and its completely unneccessary. And whoever repped me and called me a poser fucking sign it pussy, i'm not gona rep you back just have the nuts to do it.

It isn't neccessary, but when it comes down to it no bands music is. They are fun to listen to and if you can't take a bit of light hearted (perhaps) jokeyness in your life then I suggest you stop taking yourself so seriously.

Not all metal has to be grim and kvlt, hell, not even mad.

IcedMaidenAllica said:
I don't care what they are trying to do its a joke and its completely unneccessary. And whoever repped me and called me a poser fucking sign it pussy, i'm not gona rep you back just have the nuts to do it.

This is what I think of when I look at your post.

troll.jpg

*But it should be, and if it is not, then it is the metal equivalent of being homosexual.

:lol:

Windir
Tyr
Moonsorrow
Falkenbach
Thyrfing
Helheim
Korpiklaani
Finntroll

Edit: forgot enslaved and bathory even though I always thought enslaved to be black metal but w.e.

Thyrfing
Tyr
Windir
Enslaved
Korpiklaani
Skyclad
Einherjer
Enslaved
Vintersorg
Bathory
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Asmegin

To name a few. By the way, stop saying Amon Amarth, their not Viking Metal, their Melodic Death Metal

Uhh hands down Amon Amarth. But there the only real Viking metal band I listen to so it's a pretty biased opinion. Are there any other good Viking metal bands you guys could suggest.

Graveland, the latter stuff is more of a Pagan sound, reminding one of latter Bathory

for newer bands, Myrkgrav is quite excellent

fuck reading all three pages right now, but I hope someone has already mentioned PAGAN REIGN. fuckin best folk-influenced band in the world (they're Pagan Black Metal, but folk ain't all peppy shit like finntroll and the homosexual euroemo stylings of allegedly 'folk' band Elvenking, or Glittertind (is it just me or are they what Greenday would sound like if they were from Europe? bar the song 'Olav Digre' which has a nice riff).)

Mithotyn is the other legendary band I hope someone has mentioned ('the other' besides Ensiferum/Amon/etc. that even ya momma listens to of course.)

Agalloch
Einherjer
Empyrium
Ensiferum
Equilibrium
Falchion (they may be an Ensiferum rip off, but their album is better than the newest Ensiferum album!)
Falkenbach
Heidevolk
Isengard
Kyprian's Circle
Månegarm
Menhir
Myrkgrav
Nomans Land
Taunusheim
Thrudvangar
Thyrfing
Volkolak
XIV Dark Centuries

:) Pagan/Folk/Viking is my favourite subgenre at the moment.