Your last purchase??

volbeat kinda sounded numetal when i listened to them... what's their deal? did i miss something?

last buy: Nevermore- This Godless Endeavor (i am LOVING this thing!!!)

volbeat kinda sounded numetal when i listened to them... what's their deal? did i miss something?

It depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for shreddoriffic guitar solos, wailing vocals, look elsewhere. I don't know why, but I really dig these guys, possibly because of their LACK of flash. Kind of a combo of Elvis, Rockabilly, Johnny Cash, metallica, & Black Sabbath. They are signifigantly down tuned, but they have plenty of thrashy crunch, along with (only in a few songs) some light doses of acoustic, pedal steel, and banjo. Good drummer too! They are kind of unique, without being too eclectic with their influences. Remember, I like "weird" when it comes to music (Zappa, FK, Mike Keneally, etc), and like stuff that can't be labeled with any specific genre. Although, I hate weird for the sake of being weird, if that makes any sense.

Their cds are nearly impossible to find here in the US. I had to score these off of E-bay. Well worth the price, and the legwork to track down, IMO...

BattleRoyale_ukse.jpg

I think it was Iced Earth - Something Wicked...

I'd never really heard much of the band and just bought this cause i had a spare £10 HMV voucher. It was great buy :)

Finger Eleven - Them vs. You vs. Me
Finger Eleven - The Greyest of Blue Skies
The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia

and for my son (who doesn't read here hehe):
Atreyu - Lead Sails Paper Anchor
Avenged Sevenfold - s/t

I just bought myself Beyond Twilight's The Devil's Hall of Fame and Therion's Secret of the Runes.

Along with those two, I also bought a non-metal album (Vienna Teng's Waking Hour).