Your last purchase??

^I picked up the Vai dvd about a week ago. I really like it...I think the arrangements might be a bit awkward in a few spots (only a few) but I think the group was very well put together and the instrumentation worked really well...contrary to what I had suspected when I first heard of the whole things a few years back. Great song selection too. Plus, it's got Bryan Beller on bass and he's the man...possibly my favorite bass player right now. I'd LOVE to see him in a more permanent position with Vai. To be honest, I can't say I'd miss Sheehan.

^I picked up the Vai dvd about a week ago. I really like it...I think the arrangements might be a bit awkward in a few spots (only a few) but I think the group was very well put together and the instrumentation worked really well...contrary to what I had suspected when I first heard of the whole things a few years back. Great song selection too. Plus, it's got Bryan Beller on bass and he's the man...possibly my favorite bass player right now. I'd LOVE to see him in a more permanent position with Vai. To be honest, I can't say I'd miss Sheehan.

Bryan is probably one of the most underappreciated bass players out there.
I love that he's easily heard in the Vai DVD (which I've seen half of, need to get it asap). He's a great guy, and his wife (Kira Small) has one helluva voice. She can, and does, do just about every style of music out there.

Yeah...the mix on the DVD is GREAT. It really showcases Bryan the way he deserves to be showcased. I couldn't agree more about him being a great guy. He did a clinic at my school a couple weeks back (during some downtime on the Dethklok tour:headbang:) and was an absolute blast.

J-Dub, because of you, I ordered the new Freak Kitchen and one of their older ones called "Organic" because that one was on sale, lol. I clipped it, and it sounded pretty awesome, but you put it into the cart!

J-Dub, because of you, I ordered the new Freak Kitchen and one of their older ones called "Organic" because that one was on sale, lol. I clipped it, and it sounded pretty awesome, but you put it into the cart!

I would have steered you away from Organic, as it took a LONG time for that to grow on me beginning to end. Cool! The new one is really fuggin' cool, I like it a lot....

That was my last purchase as well, along with Eaglestrike....which is Christer's side project and NOTHING like FK, but still cool.....

Oh, I finally got the VAI DVD too. Can't wait to watch that puppy with the volume on 10! :heh:

The following is actually two seperate orders I made, a lil more than half way through them all. Alot of good stuff!!!!
---
Pathosray - Pathosray
Enchant - Juggle 9 or Dropping 10
NoVact - Tales from the soul
Porcupine Tree - The Incident
Abigails Ghost - Selling Insincerity
Dynamic Lights - Shape
Arena - Immortal?
Wastefall - Self Exile
Tangent - The World That We Driver Through
The Aurora Project - Unspoken Words
Anti-Depressive Delivery - Feel Melt Release Escape
Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day
Sun Caged - Sun Caged
Sun Caged - Artemisia
Heaven's Cry - Primal Power Addiction
Sylvan - Force of Gravity
Arachnes - In Praise of Science
At War With Self - Torn Between Dimensions
Voyager - Element V
Marcel Coenen - Colour Journey
Andromeda - Chimera
Futures End - Memoirs of a Broken Man

The following is actually two seperate orders I made, a lil more than half way through them all. Alot of good stuff!!!!
---
Enchant - Juggle 9 or Dropping 10
NoVact - Tales from the soul
Porcupine Tree - The Incident
Arena - Immortal?
Tangent - The World That We Driver Through
Sun Caged - Sun Caged
Sylvan - Force of Gravity
At War With Self - Torn Between Dimensions
Voyager - Element V

Definitely a lot of good stuff. Well done

Yeah, Bellar is fantastic on the disc! Also Jeremy Colson's drumming is very entertaining, great setlist as well.

These purchases are over the course of the last couple months:

Nightrage- Wearing a Martyr's Crown
Nevermore- Black Heart in a Dead World
Sonata Arctica- The Days of Grays
Scar Symmetry- Dark Matter Dimensions
Kalmah- for the revolution..
Opeth- Watershed
Shadow Gallery- Digital Ghosts

Pain Of Salvation - Linoleum (EP)
Tangent, The - Down And Out In Paris And London
Lye By Mistake - Fea Jur
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose