Your last purchase??

Ghost Reveries has some of my favorite Opeth tunes.
(...)

I think whole album is a complete masterpiece! Even after all of these years after its release, I still love it.

By the way, I think the Mass Effect 2 release date is only a few weeks away! I can't wait to start playing it. Although, if it's by any means buggy, I'm going to be pissed.

Bought a Sharp Aquos 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV during boxing week sales.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0770HDS0010124622&catid=23524

I haven't hooked it up yet. I'm waiting for my HD receiver... which just shipped today.
Since I work for a TV provider, I get every channel for free, including ones not available in my location. It's quite awesome... but still Canadian. I can't wait to check out the HD channels! :)

Damn you and your American Direct TV.
US has so many more channels than Canada, especially in HD. Oh well...

I've seen HD many times, but this will be the first that's MINE. I agree, though; HD is awesome. Once you start, it's hard to go back.

It's so true...much like broadband internet, once you got a taste, there was no going back to dialup. I didn't realize the US had access to more HD channels than Canada, why is that...seems like it would be about the same. And DIRECTV seems so big now I'm surprised they haven't creeped north of the border. Part of the reason I picked them is because I hate supporting cable companies, damn regional monopolies is what they are, only one option per area.

I cut cable TV off back in october. Since then I've been able to live with the following:

Hulu desktop: For TV shows and some awful movies.
Boxee: For more TV shows, streaming CNN, and some other cool things. Also streams netflix movies if you got it.
CNN.com: To keep up with the world.

I have no regrets. Those 3 things satisfy my needs for TV in every way because I don't watch enough to warrant paying $40 a month for 50 channels. Of course I don't watch any sports.. and most of it is 480p, but they still look comparable, if not better, than the cable quality on my 48 inch tv.

It's a bold move and I am cool with it. But! All of this stuff is still in beta stage and has some issues.. I wouldn't recommend it to the average TV watcher just yet. Maybe next year it will be there.. maybe in 2 years.

My last purchase? Koss PortaPros. They're headphones designed in the 80s and aside from being hella stylish they have pretty good sound quality. They are also very light weight and stick to your head because it has these adjustable cushions. I very much like them and for $30 I can't complain. They also fold up and you can lock them and store them in the free case it comes with.

King Crimson and New Eden's newest albums, though they're definitely not new anymore...

It's so true...much like broadband internet, once you got a taste, there was no going back to dialup. I didn't realize the US had access to more HD channels than Canada, why is that...seems like it would be about the same. And DIRECTV seems so big now I'm surprised they haven't creeped north of the border. Part of the reason I picked them is because I hate supporting cable companies, damn regional monopolies is what they are, only one option per area.

I've heard that Direct TV, specifically, is pretty awesome, and has around double the HD channels we do.

Our main providers in Canada are Rogers, Shaw, and Bell.

Bell has 100 HD channels, and the others have about 60. Doesn't Direct TV have about 200?

Tinchman - The Prestige is amazing :headbang:

DIRECTV channel listing

Yeah, the site says "DIRECTV now has the capacity for over 200 HD channels"...I have the Choice Xtra package and that has over 40 HD channels, you can see what's offered by scrolling down...more channels than I probably need, definitely not enough time to catch what I want to see, even with DVR ;)