Your last purchase??

dude if it was real world it wouldn't be a kickass RPG. there's a reason RPGs have swords and dragons and ray guns.

I <3 interactive book. storytelling > gameplay > music > graphics

I totally agree with this; however, I would possibly put gameplay first. This is because I have played through a LOT of JRPG's with mediocre stories because the battle system was enjoyable/rewarding. The only JRPG's I can think of that the story was just so great that I played through a not so well battle system is the Xenosaga trilogy of games on PS2.

Xenogears for the original Playstation is probably my favorite JRPG ever because I not only thought the story was superb, but the gameplay was as well. The only other JRPG's to come close to this level for me are both the Shadow Hearts and Suikoden series'.

I think we are definitely in agreement!

"This is because I have played through a LOT of JRPG's with mediocre stories because the battle system was enjoyable/rewarding. " - Star Ocean. All of them. Abysmal plot, addictive gameplay.

Finally got my Kenwoods single disc CP player fixed but also bought a used Pioneer Elite 6 disc cartridge player and its sounds great. Going to run wire down to my shop for the speakers there. Its proved to not be a good place to keep a stereo, dust and everything else wrong with that environment has ruined 2 "mini" stereos in 6 years. Should have thought of this along time ago... used Pioneer $100 vrs 2 compact stereos around $500, still have the speakers though.

currently loaded with
Wounded Land
Dead Reckoning
Paradise Lost
Clutch Robot Hive
Global Warning
Awaken the Guardian

yesterday was
Streets
Handfull of Rain
Twilight in Olympus
Awake
Crack the Sky - Animal Notes and Safety in Numbers

so yeah, Im digging this

"This is because I have played through a LOT of JRPG's with mediocre stories because the battle system was enjoyable/rewarding. " - Star Ocean. All of them. Abysmal plot, addictive gameplay.

...Tales of Symphonia...

Serpent Seal, Life Seal, PYRE SEAL

I'm actually picking up SO4 for PS3 this week!

I have heard so much hate over it lately though that my expectations are so low that I will probably enjoy it. After the horrible plot "twist" of SO3 I never expected a redeeming story out of it, especially since it is a prequel to the whole series.

I have exactly one month to complete it before FFXIII, which I have also heard lots of complaints about, thus lowering my expectations. Also of note, I am hearing good things about Resonance of Fate so I will probably be trying that out after FFXIII.

Edit: Oh, and on the same day I am getting SO4 I will be getting the new Orphaned Land album finally! I can't wait for Tuesday!

Just picked up the new Orphaned Land at CD Universe for cheap, and it's the version w/DVD, nice!

On a sad note, I only got to play Mass Effect 2 for a very short time, then it crashed on me constantly...tried a million different things to troubleshoot (including upgrading to Windows 7 and more RAM), but nothing works...going to have to shelve it till a patch comes along (if that even does the trick) :(

OL is AWESOME

SO4... is about as good as SO3 was. Actually, SO3 was more fun. Just mashing "Sphere of Might!" for 50,000+ damage a hit was chuckle worthy. But in SO4... no such epic advancement that I have yet encountered. It's way too easy and way too... Hold Z. Hold Z. But not in the fun way that it was in SO3. I'm probably rambling but I'm trying to say that with active time systems, if there's no ACTION, it's lame.

Looking forward to FF13.

Me too! I'm hoping it has an XBox 360 release, though.
It has.

On a sad note, I only got to play Mass Effect 2 for a very short time, then it crashed on me constantly...tried a million different things to troubleshoot (including upgrading to Windows 7 and more RAM), but nothing works...going to have to shelve it till a patch comes along (if that even does the trick) :(
Could be a broken RAM module but that usually affects other 3d or heavy applications as well. I assume you've updated your graphics card drivers?

OL is AWESOME

SO4... is about as good as SO3 was. Actually, SO3 was more fun. Just mashing "Sphere of Might!" for 50,000+ damage a hit was chuckle worthy. But in SO4... no such epic advancement that I have yet encountered. It's way too easy and way too... Hold Z. Hold Z. But not in the fun way that it was in SO3. I'm probably rambling but I'm trying to say that with active time systems, if there's no ACTION, it's lame.

Looking forward to FF13.

Glad to see someone actually looking forward to FF13 as I have heard so many negative things about it over the last month. I am really disappointed to hear how much extra "fluff" is missing from it that other FF games have always had; however, I think I will at least enjoy it after the abomination that was FF12. I tried on 2 occasions to play it and never got further than like 8 or 10 hours into the game before just quitting.

Could be a broken RAM module but that usually affects other 3d or heavy applications as well. I assume you've updated your graphics card drivers?
Yep, though I did figure out that the old RAM I was using with the new RAM caused boot-up and everything else to run much slower...with just the new RAM (2 x 2GB sticks) it's much better, but still doesn't help with ME2. Thinking about testing my power supply, if that comes up good, it may be time to get a new video card, but my 8800GT runs everything else (including the Crysis games) just fine.

Dante's Inferno on PS3.Awesome fun, much better than I expected it to be, great atmosphere + Russel Allen is the lead character. ( well.. in my head at least.. )