Your last purchase??

Taliwakker said:
Whitesnake-Live in the Still of the Night dvd :headbang:...seriously :worship:

Totally agree with you!:worship: I was at that gig and you can see me three or four times during the gig with a couple of close ups. One of the best gigs I have ever been too. The actual gig was even better than the DVD!!!:headbang:

WeepingMoon said:
Excellent record :)

It's definitely a good album... but I was actually expecting more. Some parts sound a bit awkward... drum fills just not sounding like they were the perfect choices for that part... stuff like that. Still a good purchase, nonetheless.

What's other Opeth like? Do they have a lot of technical stuff? (I know this album is way different than the rest)

What's other Opeth like? Do they have a lot of technical stuff? (I know this album is way different than the rest)

so are you saying Damnation is all you know of Opeth? In the end I would say Damnation (besides Ghost Reveries) is one of their "worst" (and by worst I mean not quite as great as their other stuff like Deliverence, Blackwater Park, Still Life, My Arms Your Hearse, but still ALOT better than most other bands IMO). Their music isnt 'technical' but its for the most part very deliberately and well arranged. I'd say they have a classy style which you heard with Damnation, and although their other albums incorporate a large chunk of Mikhaels heavenly death growls, it still manages to achieve this.

SilentRealm said:
so are you saying Damnation is all you know of Opeth? In the end I would say Damnation (besides Ghost Reveries) is one of their "worst" (and by worst I mean not quite as great as their other stuff like Deliverence, Blackwater Park, Still Life, My Arms Your Hearse, but still ALOT better than most other bands IMO). Their music isnt 'technical' but its for the most part very deliberately and well arranged. I'd say they have a classy style which you heard with Damnation, and although their other albums incorporate a large chunk of Mikhaels heavenly death growls, it still manages to achieve this.

Thank you! I had a pretty good idea of what they sounded like. I knew that Damnation was completely different than their other albums. I bought it because I'm not really into growls. :loco:

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
It's definitely a good album... but I was actually expecting more. Some parts sound a bit awkward... drum fills just not sounding like they were the perfect choices for that part... stuff like that. Still a good purchase, nonetheless.

hey dude, sorry i didn't reply sooner :lol:

yeah, i'm a fan of everything theyve done :) i've seen them live twice so far.

what silentrealm said is spot on :) almost all of their music has death growls, which is hard to get used to if u are new to the genre. I was this way when i first listened to them...but i was willing to give it a shot and now i think its fuckin awesome. Mikael is one of the best death metal vocalist.... or any kinda vocalist really :lol: 'a fair judgement' is one of if not the only 'heavy' songs w/o death vocals in it. It's also one of the best songs on Deliverance, so :p

If you're willing to give the growls a chance, i'd recommend it. :) their music is something not to miss. :worship:

rosenrot-1.jpg

Just ordered some older school stuff, not related to prog at all:

Molly Hatchet (arrived today) - Best of 25 Years re-recorded

Pat Travers - Four Play - The first 4 PT cds remastered in a "box" set, which probably means oversized digipack.... :(

J-Dubya - I still love my blues rock & my rebel rock!