Your last purchase??

proulxski said:
(BTW: The new Rammstein album really isn't that great! Its not bad, but alot of the older stuff is way better!)

/rant mode on

I agree, I'm a pretty big rammstein fan...i like all their stuff mostly, but Rosenrot was a pretty dismal offering. I am aware that a lot of the material were left overs to Reise,Reise....which is both good and bad. :lol: :lol: A lot of the songs didn't do it for me. It was like they didn't take the album seriously at all and just slapped some shit together to have a companion of Reise,Reise. I just hope they haven't lost their touch and put out a solid album next time.

/rant mode off

Dvd:
G3 - Live in Concert (Satch, Vai, Johnson)
G3 - Live in Denver (Satch, Vai, Malmsteen)
Whitesnake - Live in the Still of the Night (cd/dvd combo)

Cd:
Stride - Imagine
Kiko Loureiro - No Gravity

WeepingMoon said:
hey dude, sorry i didn't reply sooner :lol:

yeah, i'm a fan of everything theyve done :) i've seen them live twice so far.

what silentrealm said is spot on :) almost all of their music has death growls, which is hard to get used to if u are new to the genre. I was this way when i first listened to them...but i was willing to give it a shot and now i think its fuckin awesome. Mikael is one of the best death metal vocalist.... or any kinda vocalist really :lol: 'a fair judgement' is one of if not the only 'heavy' songs w/o death vocals in it. It's also one of the best songs on Deliverance, so :p

If you're willing to give the growls a chance, i'd recommend it. :) their music is something not to miss. :worship:

Yeah! I'm not completely against death vocals. I do have a Meshuggah album, lol. I'll give it a try!

Just ordered "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by a Scandanavian Prog band called Green Carnation. Reviews caught my attention. Anybody familiar with this?

Green Carnation is an amazing band. They actually just finished their first North American tour a week or so ago. Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a really cool album. I cannot wait for pt.2 to be released.

metalsped said:
Green Carnation is an amazing band. They actually just finished their first North American tour a week or so ago. Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a really cool album. I cannot wait for pt.2 to be released.

Oh yeah!!! Thank you. Now I am surely looking forward to this along with the new Blackmore's Night CD, which I know I'll enjoy.

Just beware as Green Carnations entire discography shifts from album to album. Journey to... is different, LoD is amazing, Blessing in Disguise is pretty killer but more rock oriented, Quiet offspring pretty much blows, and Acoustic Verses is back to killer. Just my thoughts

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Reunite dvd
Dream Theater - The Majesty Demos

Pharoah said:
Just ordered "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" by a Scandanavian Prog band called Green Carnation. Reviews caught my attention. Anybody familiar with this?

I bought that album a while ago. At first, I wasn't too impressed, so I put it aside for a good year. I went back to it, and started enjoying it more and more. It's a pretty awesome album/song... there's just one part that I do not like... but overall, great stuff!

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
I bought that album a while ago. At first, I wasn't too impressed, so I put it aside for a good year. I went back to it, and started enjoying it more and more. It's a pretty awesome album/song... there's just one part that I do not like... but overall, great stuff!

the woman singing/yodeling/yelling? :lol: