Your last purchase??

sounds just like in flames to me, did you get the edition with a bigger booklet and a free patch? i did. i'm a sucker.

I've actually really enjoyed both Character and Fiction (I didn't buy the special edition). I wouldn't go near In Flames' new stuff with a ten foot pole, what I've heard of it has been absolutely horrible. I don't see an overwhelming similarity between the two at this point, Dark Tranquillity has been putting out solid releases in the same vein for quite a while now, whereas In Flames seems to have decided to pursue radio rock/nu metal.

Okay, it's not actually a purchase, but it's the last thing for me to have gotten. All thanks to Zach.

340459_RECTO.jpg

JB Hifi was having a clearance sale...

I walked out with $40 less and:

Frantic Bleep- The Sense Apparatus
Fates Warning- Awaken The Guardian
Joey Tafolla- Infra Blue
The Flower Kings- Adam And Eve
The Flower Kings- Unfold The Future
The Flower Kings- Flower Power

There was also a few more albums which I might go and get another day if they're still there...

I've actually really enjoyed both Character and Fiction (I didn't buy the special edition). I wouldn't go near In Flames' new stuff with a ten foot pole, what I've heard of it has been absolutely horrible. I don't see an overwhelming similarity between the two at this point, Dark Tranquillity has been putting out solid releases in the same vein for quite a while now, whereas In Flames seems to have decided to pursue radio rock/nu metal.

have you listened to Insomnium? the same sort of stuff without the synth and a little bit more epic. their last album was wesome (above the weeping world).

That DT album has many similar style riffs, to inflames, and a lot of similair ideas, Terminus sounds a bit like my sweet shadow. I thought come clarity was a great album, there were some pretty cheesy tracks on there, most of the choruses are awful as well. its metal though :headbang: lol