Your latest G.A.S. purchases

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH 2 CHANNEL DUAL BABY!!!! Nice choice man, looks like a fucking mint one, and I did a shootout between 6L6's and EL34's in mine a little while ago and found almost no difference, though I ever so slightly preferred the 6L6's. It's a pretty crunchy amp (bordering on harsh, but that's all in the tweaking) to begin with, so it really doesn't need any more coming from the power amp IMO. Here's the shootout (though it was the first time I mic'ed it up, and I had the bass knob WAY too high, so don't judge me :D) Plus, in the manual Mesa says 6L6's are more durable, so all in all that seems the best bet! As for models, I'd go for Ruby's if you're on a budget (they're still awesome), or Mesas if you're not (it doesn't look like it ;))

Yeah, I think I'll go with the 6L6's. Since I already have EL34's (though with 600 hours on them), I can say I have both.

I actually got the head weeks ago, but I didn't want to post a pic until I found a cab to go with it. You don't know how much it sucks to have this is front of you but can't play it because one of the eleven tubes shipped was cracked. This is the first amp head I've ever owned so I'm thoroughly reading the manual before I even attempt to use it. I also think this is a good marketing tool for recording metal bands (something a Bugera can't be no matter how good it sounds unfortunately).

The amp looks new because the guy selling it was the original owner AND he bought it in 2001, one of the last years you could find a new 2ch Dual Rectifer (the serial is in the 14,000's). He also didn't gig with it regularly. It came with original cover and switch, so it was a no brainer at $1145 shipped. I actually almost got a super beat up (but working) one on eBay for $800 (it looked like it was eaten by a T-rex and shit out), but I thought I'd pass if I was going to use it to show off to potential clients :lol:.

The cab was thanks to craigslist. Maybe I can take a shot at making some impulses when I get my tubes.

Damn, that's a good deal, I got mine for that price without the cover! (and mine was a fair bit older, though in great shape). Enjoy man!

From everything I've heard they're supposed to be less harsh than the 3-channels, and all the clips I've heard of 3-channels supports this, so I bought a 2 ch. a couple of months ago and I adore it!

Hey, I'm looking at some 6L6's online and there's always a soft, medium, hard option (for every brand). What's the difference and what would be recommended? I've googled it but couldn't a definitive answer.

Well I assume that's a more obnoxious vague way of describing "early, medium, or late" distortion, which is how the extremely awesome www.dougstubes.com describes it, so yeah, I think it's how hard you have to push them to break up (not necessarily a bad thing to have headroom, but I dunno, I just went for medium for the middle ground :D)

Thanks for the tip, I got some JJ 5AR4's from Doug. I got Electro-Harmonix 12AX7's and 6L6's using my Music123 coupon.

Now I must stop buying stuff for the next 15 years.

Really, The regular price you pay anywhere is $749.99.

I saved $308 and it still has the plastic on the pickguards etc....

And got a free Ibanez Practice amp to boot.

If its because its a Tele, sure you have taste issues.

But for value, I'd do it again hands down. :)

I was actually just commenting that there was no pic, rather a bunch of awkward HTML code/URL stuff ;) But I see that's remedied, and while I do like Teles, I HAET that Strat headstock; dunno why they stuck it on a Tele!

It also came with a broken tube yay :erk:

tubecrack.jpg

So I can't play it until I get some new tubes. Should I just sell the rest of the tubes (they are the original Mesa set of EL34's and 12AX7's with like 600 hours on them)? Also, should I get 6L6's or EL34's (that is the question, hey a new potential faderwear shirt)?

Where did you buy it from? I hope you're getting some kind of compensation for a broken tube? Obviously it wasn't packed well enough to counteract the bad handling of the delivery driver that no doubt closely resembles a fucking ape, both in intelligence and the fact of his knuckles dragging on the floor.

Recently bought one of these

244420.jpg

and one of these

p35665.jpg

and this

430.jpg

And I almost forgot about these.

Shure_sm81s_Sm.jpg

I'm not planning on eating anything for some time.

Just ordered one of these(without what's inside)....
DblLid+Rack2_194x171.jpg

for the
Bogner%20Uberschall.jpg

I just got. along with a
isp-decimator.jpg

and next week I will place an order for
PLPLUS2.jpg

and
e367_1.JPG

and either a korg pitchblack or dtr 1000 tuner....haven't decided yet.
TS7 is planned to be ordered the following week.
....my bank account has taken a hit. :heh:

in this case it's primarily coming from reason/thought and I'm trying to get GAS now to make the investment less painfull ;) (I mean...it'l like 10-12k...I could get a killer PRS and a Bogner for that and would still have 6k left :(

But do you really need it?