Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Look at what the UPS guy dropped off today!

u871.jpg

u872.jpg

u873.jpg

u874.jpg

Fits the shockmount to the Studio Projects C1 like a glove!

u875.jpg

I've only had a couple of minutes to play with it today, but to sum it up in two words: "Magically delicious!"

Now this is a purchase and not a rental, right Glenn? (I see that sticker on there) - also, are those terminals for batteries in the open shot? And let's have a key jangling clip! :D

Now this is a purchase and not a rental, right Glenn? (I see that sticker on there) - also, are those terminals for batteries in the open shot? And let's have a key jangling clip! :D

Yes, it's a purchase. Obviously used to be a rental mic, but it's in perfect shape... and smooooooth. I did do a key test that I'll have to post. ..... and yeah, it can run on battery power if you could actually find one.

This is a vintage u87, not one of the newer AI jobs. I'm going to get Neumann to do a serial number check & find out the manufacture date.... I'm guessing somewhere in the late 80's based on a search I had them do last week on another mic I was looking at.

-0z-

We've just acquired one of these:

S6000_2.jpg

And a Drawmer 1969 Mercenary Audio Edition compressor. Gonna be getting more into outboard over the next year. Really looking forward to getting the new console installed as well, the built in patchbay has just about every routing option we ever wanted. Only minus all the hassle of wiring as it's all hooked up with multipin connectors.

id_51xxxx_300x575.jpg

I played one of these and was super impressed with the tones you can get. I just wanted a standard rock guitar for recording but these can push out Metal or Van Halen Leads with no problem.

Just ordered a mint one off Ebay for $441 with an amp. Steal.

That's some sweet html coding/URL action you got there, Metalworks - dunno if I'd pay $441 for it though ;)

Really, The regular price you pay anywhere is $749.99.

I saved $308 and it still has the plastic on the pickguards etc....

And got a free Ibanez Practice amp to boot.

If its because its a Tele, sure you have taste issues.

But for value, I'd do it again hands down. :)

IMGP1555.jpg
Are you guys carrying that around all the time or what are you getting things like that for?? :OMG:
well, for one... we're allowed to here in the US.... second, they are fun... i've been involved in target shooting for fun and sport my whole life... it's a good time. third, it's a responsibility as far as many of us are concerned... to protect our homes and families... not to mention a constitutional right. remember, one of the first things Hitler did after gaining power was to take away the citizens arms, "to protect them".

and yes, i have a CCL (Concealed Carry Licence), so if you meet me in the US, depending on where it is, i may well be carrying. you'll never know it though, as it's illegal for me to show you.

but yeah, mostly they are just fun... when handled responsibly.

i just got me one of these for it too!
veridian.gif

Target shooting is definitely fun (even though I've only used pellet rifles).

Anyways, here's my new GAS purchase.

mesastack.jpg

It also came with a broken tube yay :erk:

tubecrack.jpg

So I can't play it until I get some new tubes. Should I just sell the rest of the tubes (they are the original Mesa set of EL34's and 12AX7's with like 600 hours on them)? Also, should I get 6L6's or EL34's (that is the question, hey a new potential faderwear shirt)?

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH 2 CHANNEL DUAL BABY!!!! Nice choice man, looks like a fucking mint one, and I did a shootout between 6L6's and EL34's in mine a little while ago and found almost no difference, though I ever so slightly preferred the 6L6's. It's a pretty crunchy amp (bordering on harsh, but that's all in the tweaking) to begin with, so it really doesn't need any more coming from the power amp IMO. Here's the shootout (though it was the first time I mic'ed it up, and I had the bass knob WAY too high, so don't judge me :D) Plus, in the manual Mesa says 6L6's are more durable, so all in all that seems the best bet! As for models, I'd go for Ruby's if you're on a budget (they're still awesome), or Mesas if you're not (it doesn't look like it ;))