Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Yeah its a beast! Ive only got a bit of hardware aswell haha! However one of the "stand racks" ill have my PC in and the other ill put my hifi power amp/CD player in too, so it frees some space up in the room to fit it in!

Slash, the height of the monitors are the big negative people say about this desk however ive managed to get a few monitors that have adjustable screens so they drop pretty much flush with their own stands which will help a bit. Sadly they are a little smaller than my current ones :( But meh fuck it.

This monster: RTA Producer Station

279846.jpg

hey dude have you actually looked at this desk or have you ordered online?

Just thought I'd tell you my experience with that desk, as well as someone else I know.

Whenever you get it, before you put it all together, make sure the rack rails all actually line up. Myself and one other person got tht same desk only to realize that ALL (not one or 2) of the rack rails were cut differently so none of the rack holes lined up!

It took alot of complaining and arguing with the comppany to get them to agree to replace it....

hey dude have you actually looked at this desk or have you ordered online?

Just thought I'd tell you my experience with that desk, as well as someone else I know.

Whenever you get it, before you put it all together, make sure the rack rails all actually line up. Myself and one other person got tht same desk only to realize that ALL (not one or 2) of the rack rails were cut differently so none of the rack holes lined up!

It took alot of complaining and arguing with the comppany to get them to agree to replace it....

Ordered off the net.

Hopefully they aren't that far out of whack!

I read a few tips on....gearslutz I think it was? Some guy said put your rack gear in before you fix the whole thing down to prevent some shit not lining up. Hopefully everything will be dandy when I get it.

Ordered off the net.

Hopefully they aren't that far out of whack!

I read a few tips on....gearslutz I think it was? Some guy said put your rack gear in before you fix the whole thing down to prevent some shit not lining up. Hopefully everything will be dandy when I get it.

yeah see on mine the actual rails were drilled wrong. Like one rail would have a 2 inch gap before the first hole, and another would have a 1/2 inch gap, so the rails would only line up every 3 or 4th hole! Just check it when you get it that all the rails are the same (as they should be)

I haven't had any problems with mine, bought it an year ago. There was only one screwhole that was faulty (fucked grooves), so I just didn't put a screw there. Couldn't have bothered to resend it back because of that minor flaw, otherwise they aligned perfectly. Maybe I was just lucky?

Slash, the height of the monitors are the big negative people say about this desk however ive managed to get a few monitors that have adjustable screens so they drop pretty much flush with their own stands which will help a bit. Sadly they are a little smaller than my current ones :( But meh fuck it.

I've solved my monitor height issues with this - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-45-174-300-Neo-Flex-Arm-Extension-Grommet/dp/B000AMJC2K/ref=pd_cp_e_1"]Ergotron 45-174-300[/ame] - I love being able to freely swing my monitor in and out, or over to the side of my desk where my amp is when I'm working over there. Sometimes these GUI's for VST's are so small that it helps to be able to move the monitor closer.

I've solved my monitor height issues with this - Ergotron 45-174-300 - I love being able to freely swing my monitor in and out, or over to the side of my desk where my amp is when I'm working over there. Sometimes these GUI's for VST's are so small that it helps to be able to move the monitor closer.

ive been looking at the exact same one! may be tempted to make a purchase!

Nice! BTW have you tried the Oktavas on vocals? I remember hearing some samples and thinking it sounds great, even though it's a SDC. Maybe you could do a little shootout to get acquainted with your Sm7 :saint:

Nice Burny!

I've decided I'm going to stop dicking around with trying to get a solid vocal sound out of different inexpensive condensers, I'm just saving up and waiting for an SM7B

Nice! BTW have you tried the Oktavas on vocals? I remember hearing some samples and thinking it sounds great, even though it's a SDC. Maybe you could do a little shootout to get acquainted with your Sm7 :saint:
We'll see... Not with my voice and my stupid accent tho.:lol:
But yes, the oktava's sound great on clean soft vocals.