Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Sorry, I had to. ;)

But seriously, one of your nuts? I mean these amps aren't all that expensive. :loco:

yeah but i got a kid and poor paying job so its kind living hand to mouth for the moment... especially with the winter gas costs

I can't really justify it as i'm not a full time gutiarist either

If I end up earning more in the near future, i'd look to gettin one for recording purposes (so few people have decent amps of their own)

Until then... plugins are my friend

Peavey 5150 EVH (Block Letter)

web.jpg

Now that I have these 2 (Block Letter and Signature), I'm going to open both and demythify if there is any difference or not between them.
I always heard lots of stories about different transformers, different capacitors, different circuit, etc.
I'll take some pics of the differences (if they exist) and post them here.

web.jpg

I've read countless reports from amp techs who work on 5150's say they are the exact same, it was the STOCK tubes that were different.

While I don't think sourcing different transformers and parts is out of the question for ANY mass produced stuff, in the end, I've had a block letter 5150, a signature 5150 and they both sounded the same in general (they had different tubes, too).

I've read countless reports from amp techs who work on 5150's say they are the exact same, it was the STOCK tubes that were different.

While I don't think sourcing different transformers and parts is out of the question for ANY mass produced stuff, in the end, I've had a block letter 5150, a signature 5150 and they both sounded the same in general (they had different tubes, too).

If my memory isnt lying to me, Jevil works for Peavey?
Anyways, he or some other sneapster(That worked for Peavey.) said that the difference was in the transformers(He had dug in to the archives and looked at the actual specs.).
And the block letter doesn't have a drastic sound difference to the later models, its just slightly more dynamic/articulate(Because of the different transformer.).

(Im sorry Jevil for having bad memory! :lol:)

Ooh, why the TS9DX dude?

Just got it for some added flavor. I have a od808 and we have a ts9 at the studio. The od808 which is mine just omits too much low-end for my "live" setup. So I was reading you can dial in a little extra low-end on the ts9dx and I got it at a good deal (bout 60$ brand new). Actually, using it last night, i was pretty happy with the tone I was getting out of it. Also did a recording a couple years back and we used one and we got a sick tone.

The tascam I got just for recording rehearsals and stuff as our practice spot has just grown too small for the full recording setup. And I needed something more "remote" than dragging around the rack with the firestudio.

Our new "live" guitarist works at GC so it's deal time. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Gibson-SG-Standard-Heritage-Cherry-100-Mint-SAVE_W0QQitemZ200428314175QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2eaa755e3f

My boss just got this. Wouldn't be my first choice. Sometimes I think people just buy guitars just to have something expensive to brag about it to other people who's guitars did not cost over a grand. :p
cool,
great guitar, i got the same one, she will celebrate her 17th birthday this year :)

ua6176.gif

This is now "my baby"
WOW, awesome