Your latest G.A.S. purchases

greg can we trade wallets?

If you worked as much as I do, you wouldn't need to. I really don't make that much money; I just spend it on life-long investments such as music gear. I will never stop playing guitar or recording music; my amps will never be "dated." Guitar technology isn't like that. There is little evolution left for the valve amp, as in most guitar amps are VERY similar in design. The tweaking is all a matter of taste (which some have better than others :saint:)

I know someone who doesn't agree with that :lol:

I remember when I thought, "when I get 3 amps, I'll be finished", well I'm already over 20 amps now :lol:
Every time I buy a new amp I say to myself, "this is the last one". I'm always wrong :lol:

I think that I could say that 3 amps are enough :)
But GAS doesn't let me say that :lol:

Eddy, your budget is quite a bit more robust than mine. I buy stuff often, but I'm always selling old stuff and working on recording and busting my ass a minimum of 55 hours a week at work.

My justification that eight amps is enough is for a very good reason; I think every amp I own has a character that the other cannot provide- because my ears (and my clients's ears) are what matter to me, I'm sticking with the selection I have. I think if I owned any more amplifiers, they would not be delivering the goods in any special way.

19" 4HE case from thomann (for my digi 003 rack)

2 packs of ernie balls beefy slinky (what a stupid name) but IMO the best strings for droped-C (c.g.c. ....)

Which would you all recommend? Ernie Ball 2627's or the 3127's?

Is the Nickel vs. Titanium reinforced + Coating really worth the extra $3? Anyone ever tried them?

I want to try a pair on my LTD MH400NT that I tend to keep in C#. I find my .09's are way too floppy. :lol:

The purple one on the right, hell yeah:
pgmsgtrs.jpg

Eddy, your budget is quite a bit more robust than mine. I buy stuff often, but I'm always selling old stuff and working on recording and busting my ass a minimum of 55 hours a week at work.

My justification that eight amps is enough is for a very good reason; I think every amp I own has a character that the other cannot provide- because my ears (and my clients's ears) are what matter to me, I'm sticking with the selection I have. I think if I owned any more amplifiers, they would not be delivering the goods in any special way.

Fair enough... :cool:
Going that route if I were you I would sell one of the 5150s and buy a Marshall (JMP or JCM800)
You need a Marshall for rock!!! :lol: