Your latest G.A.S. purchases

just purchased an original (vintage) neumann u87 (couldnt resist)
and a bareknuckle pickups camo set (the mules(neck), coldsweat(bridge)

InTune Guitar Picks?

How do they compare to regular dunlop Jazz III's and what gauge did you order?
I was going to get some made through them for my band

Yup!

They are a tiny bit sharper and grippier, I like them more than Jazz IIIs. I got the 1.5mm variety... so easy to put a ton of power into your playing. I'm afraid I'm going to become dependent on these in the same way that I am now dependent on Jazz IIIs for my playing.

noice
joined the club.
Yeah, after at least six months or so of looking for a one. :loco: Now I need an Orange cab. ;)

Still have to figure out how to use it properly though, haha. :lol: Why is it that I can use the the Clean channel even though I'm in the Overdrive channel by just turning down the Overdrive channel master and turning up the Clean volume? (I'm still waiting for the footswitch to arrive so I can't really switch into the Clean channel atm.)

Also I'm kinda surprised how little headroom the poweramp has. I can turn it up all the way and it's not really loud. Once I start cranking the Overdrive Channel Volume knop that's where it's all happening. Do you experience that with your 2205 as well?

As fas as settings go I haven't really found my sound yet. But I noticed it's a good idea to keep most sound-shaping controls (Presence, EQ) below 5. Gain about at 6/7. Any hints/settings that worked for you in the past? Which overdrive are you using yours with? I'm considering an SD-1 or a TS7.

just came though the mail!

SM7B.jpg

I fucking love these things...
DSC02709.jpg

I used to use the Dunlop Tortex .60 orange pics forever, but ever since I saw someone's thread on here about the Jazz III's, I decided to give them a try and absolutely love them.

Also just picked up a new glass slide as well. A Dunlop 202

I will agree on that one.. looks slightly taller, that extra hole at the connector, the capsule seems different in shape, size & type.. another sign would be of the XLR-connector doesnt have the 1-2-3 stamps for each pin.
But the only way to be "Shure"(Bahahahahahaha), is by disassembling the microphone and measure the impedance of the capsule.

Regarding the three holes:
- The top hole is the set screw for the connector. All should have one.
- The middle hole is threaded so you can screw the mic to the cable connector to make the mic harder to steal without cutting the cable. I'm surprised Shure discontinued this, but I wonder who actually used this feature.
- The oval hole on the bottom is what the cable connector latches to. The older style did not have this hole, rather it had a groove machined inside the housing.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...e/144385-fake-shure-sm57s-including-pics.html
http://fakesm57.blogspot.com/2007/06/pictures-of-fake-sm57.html

Looks fake yeah. The 3 holes is one of the tell tale signs.

Not quite. Older models, like this one, had 3 holes.

I will agree on that one.. looks slightly taller, that extra hole at the connector, the capsule seems different in shape, size & type.. another sign would be of the XLR-connector doesnt have the 1-2-3 stamps for each pin.
But the only way to be "Shure"(Bahahahahahaha), is by disassembling the microphone and measure the impedance of the capsule.

Same body size and capsule shape....optical illusion.

The one in question is an older model that I got from a friend who has owned it longer than China has been making fakes. Thanks for your concern though. :D

DSC_0082.jpg

God damnit guys!! I found out my 3 SM57's look just like the left one... so I surfed the internet and dissassembled them all.... to find out they were the real deal. Loads of my back now :D