Your latest G.A.S. purchases

You need to cover your superchunk, Ermz.:loco:

Dude, based on just the pic, I think it looks fucking cool! Haha.

When I glanced at the pic I thought Ermz had some sweet faux stone or something in the corner w/a backlight type deal going on.

Turns out, it's just superchunk and some sunshine creeping in through the drapes, but it looks damn cool! =D

Ermz: Quick Q, do you think it's better to record the Mesa cab with or without casters? I've always recorded it with the casters on.

Eddy, are you ever using the amps or are you busy buying new ones? :rolleyes:

I do spend some time deciding which amps to buy and I don't use them, I only collect them :lol:

Here you go: a Crane Song Spider woooooooh :headbang:

rack.jpg

Very nice :headbang:

@eddie

Thnks man :) Im gonna build a custom studio desk, the Spider deserves it :)

Nice collection of Amps and studio gear you got the Eddie :) Did you fix your problems with your acustics??
And how do you like the Barefoots??

Cheers

I'm still trying to get it fixed.
It's really frustrating that even with a lot of help I'm not getting anywhere.
It's really a mysterious problem. I'm kind of desperate at the moment to be honest. :erk:

I don't like the Barefoots as I was hoping so. I don't know if the problem is my room and the Barefoots don't interact very well with it.
I'm trying the Adams at the moment and will try a set of ATCs.
Let's see which ones will sound better in my room.

Ok?? But you have an architect hired right??? I was serious when i wrote that i had the same problem in that frequencey area and it was fixed by adding dry wall above the ceiling (well if you don't have an attic..;))

Yeah i actually read about a couple of persons that have returned or sold their Barefoots. But i hope to get a chance to A/B them against klein+hummel and some other high end monitors :)

Well hope you get it fixed :) Good luck

I know, and I appreciate your help.
Unfortunately I have another floor above so that option isn't possible.
I wish it could be possible :erk:

And breaking the whole ceiling isn't an option. At least for now :lol:

I have 2 architects helping!!! :oops: The one that did the project that is far away and 1 here in Portugal.
They haven't got to a conclusion yet.
There are things influencing but I still think that we didn't reached the biggest culprit.

I just paypal'ed the money for this-
CH01_Big720-02.jpg

I bought one of the API clones(A12). the ones I have heard I actually like better than the 312, so I'll build it and grab another. Next month I'll probably throw two of the N72's in it, then I'll fill the other four slots up with the T15.

This is my first major preamp purchase so I'm pretty excited. I'll post build pics when I get working on it.

:lol: thanks for the comments guys.

@Owen: Yeah, I'm rather starved for creativity, so I figure I'd get the room to channel teh br00tz for me.

@CJ: Talk about romanticizing something :lol:. The superchunks make the room look like some art class stoner den. They'll be getting blackified soon too.

@006: WITH CASTORS! DO NOT EVER RECORD WITHOUT. I tried this myself here to verify, and holy god man. Without castors I had the 6505 at Bass: 4 and Resonance: 6 and it was boomy as shit. Put the castors on and I'm running both at 10, with just enough low-end to make it work in here. The castors almost perfectly decouple the cab from the room - it's astounding actually. They alone were worth the price of admission.

@Eddie: Dude, just get a pair of Opals and be done with it. There is no need to look at other nearfields, nor question anything. My mixing immediately jumped with these things - I cannot in any way fault them apart from the slight noise floor and the fact that they aren't an entirely sealed enclosure (which I'm sure was done for a reason in a portable 2-way nearfield design).

Anyway, here's the incoming outboard unit:

ermz1176013.jpg

ermz1176014.jpg

CH01_Big720-02.jpg

I bought one of the API clones(A12). the ones I have heard I actually like better than the 312, so I'll build it and grab another. Next month I'll probably throw two of the N72's in it, then I'll fill the other four slots up with the T15.

This is my first major preamp purchase so I'm pretty excited. I'll post build pics when I get working on it.

Which brand/model is this?

CH01_Big720-02.jpg

Nice! I have 3 A12's and 1 N72. You're gonna love them.

But if I wanna use an external preamp (ex. a12) with my interfaces (profire2626 and Octopre LE) how can I do? These interfaces have their own preamps on each channel...does it work if I put the interface's preamp gain at 0? Or it's impossible to do a connection like this?