Your latest G.A.S. purchases

That Seventh Circle Audio stuff looks awesome and like a lot of fun to build. Would it be possible to just get one of the modules and power supply and run them without the chassis?

You're probably better off with a two space 500 series dealie. I believe a-designs and a couple others make em.

-Joe

Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS
samsung-syncmaster-2494hs-full-hd-lcd-display.jpg

this thing has an HDMI input so i can plug in my PS3...awesome!

That Seventh Circle Audio stuff looks awesome and like a lot of fun to build. Would it be possible to just get one of the modules and power supply and run them without the chassis?

You could could do that, but it would be stupid not to get the chassis. It ends up being free when you purchase a pre, power supply, and chassis together.

They give bundle discounts when you add everything to the shopping cart.

Thanks guys, there will be comparisons for sure.

@Wolfeman: Hope you enjoy those pres. It would be wonderful if at some stage we could get a shoot out of real API vs the A12. I'm in love with those things, but not the price tag!

Thanks guys, there will be comparisons for sure.

@Wolfeman: Hope you enjoy those pres. It would be wonderful if at some stage we could get a shoot out of real API vs the A12. I'm in love with those things, but not the price tag!

Yeah I was in the same boat. I was about to drop the money on the API 4 channel pre, but that would have been a lot of money. With the SCA, I get something just as nice with up to 8 channels, and I'm sure it's going to end up being much cheaper than 8 channels of anything API.

I read that they are not Api clones....they are very close but some components are different and at the end of the story you don't save so much money considering the time spent and the possible problem. But it was another brand, not seventh circle. Are these pres real api clones?

I read that they are not Api clones....they are very close but some components are different and at the end of the story you don't save so much money considering the time spent and the possible problem. But it was another brand, not seventh circle. Are these pres real api clones?

They are very close, the opamp is obviously different though.

Just bought one of these on eBay for £185. They're £340 new, so I did alright here. It's the AT4033. A good upgrade from my B1
at4033.jpg

Also ordered this last night...
ilok.jpg

And I'll be ordering this next week...
auto-tune-evo.jpg

This will be my last big rig upgrade until I can afford an iMac

They are very close, the opamp is obviously different though.

Yeah right now I'm busy getting 2 Neve 1073's DIY'ed.
I've got the PCB's, got the rack and most components.
Since it's my 2nd project, a friend, whose really skilled in this is helping me.
I send him the material list, and he got back to me with "why are you using a lot of components from the 70's?"... Coz I'm building a 70's pre-amp....haha :)

I'm really interested in the Seventh Circle preamps...so once you get them up and running make a thread!

At first I didn't like the Max Grip Jazz III's, but I recently slightly changed the way I hold the pick (specifically moving it closer to my thumb and index fingertips), and now I'm head over heels in love with 'em :headbang::headbang:

At first I didn't like the Max Grip Jazz III's, but I recently slightly changed the way I hold the pick (specifically moving it closer to my thumb and index fingertips), and now I'm head over heels in love with 'em :headbang::headbang:

coincidentally, i just started making an attempt to change my pick hand grip in exactly the same way. I'm still not sure if it's better but we'll see when i get my hands on the max grip picks