Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I've been wanting a small tube amp for just noodling around and for recording cleans or slightly dirty tones at home - something 5 watts or less. I had been looking at some of the smaller VOX amps like the AC4TV as I'm a big VOX tone freak, but I really like those Fender Tweed and Blackface tones quite a bit too. I was just at the local GC yesterday and played a Classic Vibe Tele just like mine through a Fender Vibro Champ XD and loved it. So - today I bought one from American Musical Supply since I had a Coupon Code to use - got it for $175 shipped.

It's a nice little tube amp that utilizes some solid state circuitry for voicing and effects. It really produces some nice cleans and bluesy dirt as well. Really looking forward to getting it home to run through the paces a bit more. I won't be using it for higher gain stuff, but for cleans and a little dirt it looks like it will work out quite nice - it definitely has that Fender sound.

Fender Vibro Champ XD

5 Watt Vintage Modified Amp
1x12AX7 Pre-Amp Tube
1x6V6 Power Tube
1 Line In
1 Line Out
1 External Speaker Jack 4-ohms

2331000000_xl.jpg

Just a few example of what it sounds like (not me playing):

Last edited by a moderator:
My old man got that amp ^^^^ He wanted the tube sound and fender sound, but didn't want a giant 50watt head or something, so this amp is the answer :D

I dont know anyone that plays with nitro.. is it even allowed in the leagues?

nobody fucking does nitro fills around here.
:( That sucks!!! Nitro fucking rocks!

I really need to get back into balling again. I totally fucking miss it :(

I dont know anyone that plays with nitro.. is it even allowed in the leagues?
When I lived up north it was allowed but only in winter. HPA and Co2was just too much of a PITA when your playing in 10 degree weather. I loved running it though, and entire tank 20oz lasted 2 days. Shit was crazy!

So I just did this...

imac.png

Refurb so it's the previous model before the brand new ones that just came out, plus I bought it at the education store so I saved about $600 over getting the new one... Great deal but I still feel fucking sick to my stomach :lol: Don't tell my girlfriend or I'm fucking dead.

PreSonusTubePreBig.jpg

Payed 700SEK for it used, in mint condition with a tungsol! ;)
(700SEK = ~70EUR = ~90USD)