Your latest G.A.S. purchases

They're great dude. They need a good amp with lots of power... I'm using a hafler. I don't actually record/mix much metal... not too sure how I'd get on with them for heavy stuff.

SM7B.jpg

Mastering: The Art and The Science is not only an informative as fuck read, but a fun one too.
You'll dig it Joe

edit: And Brendan, BX8A's? How are they?

Mastering: The Art and The Science is not only an informative as fuck read, but a fun one too.
You'll dig it Joe

edit: And Brendan, BX8A's? How are they?

Yeah theyre BX8A's. They're alright but they've gotta go. Only bought them cause I was on an extreme budget and got them for 250 shipped. I feel like I'm definitely not getting anything close to the real picture in the low mids and bass (which was the whole reason I went 8 inch :( ). Definitely would need a sub to make them useable. On the other hand the mids and highs are way more detailed than the altec lansing 2.1 computer speaker thing I had going on before. Need Adam A7s!

Yeah theyre BX8A's. They're alright but they've gotta go. Only bought them cause I was on an extreme budget and got them for 250 shipped. I feel like I'm definitely not getting anything close to the real picture in the low mids and bass (which was the whole reason I went 8 inch :( ). Definitely would need a sub to make them useable. On the other hand the mids and highs are way more detailed than the altec lansing 2.1 computer speaker thing I had going on before. Need Adam A7s!

FWIW, the bx8a specs out as flar to 40hz, where the a7 claims to go to 46

if you're having issues with low end, i'd say that a lack of room treatment combined with having your desk in a corner is a lot more of an issue than what type of monitors you're using!

FWIW, the bx8a specs out as flar to 40hz, where the a7 claims to go to 46

if you're having issues with low end, i'd say that a lack of room treatment combined with having your desk in a corner is a lot more of an issue than what type of monitors you're using!

Totally. I have those bx8a's and really like them. my room is treated and the low mids and bass are great in my opinion (for what these cost)

2 totally different rooms/houses and placements and same problem. Largely I think it's because I'm used to having a sub but even my HD280s have more low end and low mids than these monitors. Regardless I think I'm due for a monitor upgrade and a sub....right after I get a 27" monitor :heh:

Damn. HD280's (especially when they're not really old as their bass response seems to get better with a long time, if I use my friend's pair as a reference) are somewhat anemic in the bass and low-mids, I wouldn't mix on less than that at all.

Vox amplug - classic rock

Voxamplugclassisrock.jpg

Nothing too special, but it does exactly what it says it does -- provides a great little means to practice with headphones whenever and wherever and gives a nice classic rock tube sounding crunch.

I was going to get the Amplitube iRig by IK media... but they were sold out, so I settled on this until I get an iRig. :lol:

Vox amplug - classic rock

Voxamplugclassisrock.jpg

Nothing too special, but it does exactly what it says it does -- provides a great little means to practice with headphones whenever and wherever and gives a nice classic rock tube sounding crunch.

I was going to get the Amplitube iRig by IK media... but they were sold out, so I settled on this until I get an iRig. :lol:

dude this thing is pretty cool and super comfortable, I carry mine around all the time, it's just too easy to plug and play

dude this thing is pretty cool and super comfortable, I carry mine around all the time, it's just too easy to plug and play

Yeah man, I'm loving it. For what it is, it's pretty good!
Have you seen the old Pantera cowboys from hell home video? There's a scene in that where Dime is just walking around outside w/ a mini amp he's wearing and just playing and looks like he's lost his fucking mind... that's what I kinda feel like with this. It's so damn tempting to just get up and walk around playing guitar rocking out! My wife thinks I'm nuts. :lol: