Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I bought THIS today:

crate-power-block.jpg

I bought THIS today:

crate-power-block.jpg

Really interested in seeing what you make of it..videoclipz perhaps? :kickass:

I bought one back when MF was blowing them out at 100$ a pop, always found the pre to be kinda cloudy so I stuck dists in the FX loop hehe. It was/is really damn practical though and never gave me any trouble, it spent quite some time lent out to a buddy that had it replacing a Mesa 2:90 while the latter was getting retubed, pushing two Recto OSs. It was no patch on the mighty Mesa, but it worked :D

One amp goes... another comes.

p1_ug1yq3lfp_so.jpg

Vox AC15H1TV hand-wired combo with a Celestion Alnico Blue. I needed something Jangly.

I've also just noticed that all my amps are now bought new aside from my 5150 because in 1992, when it was manufactured, I was only four :lol:

I was a few years (try 12) of bringing the br00tz then.

HBE%20Germania%20Blk.jpg

Treble boosters can do some awesome things as well :saint:

STINNETT%20NEW.jpg

Oh my Stinnett is so close to being done... you guys know that all wood finish is hot as fuck. I should have that the first week in October as well :kickass:

SB4000_Full_Unit.jpg

This beautiful GSSL-esque master bus compressor will also be mine in a month.

250C.gif

And a clone of the Sontec MEP-250C EQ to sweeten things up a bit :)

Really interested in seeing what you make of it..videoclipz perhaps? :kickass:

I bought one back when MF was blowing them out at 100$ a pop, always found the pre to be kinda cloudy so I stuck dists in the FX loop hehe. It was/is really damn practical though and never gave me any trouble, it spent quite some time lent out to a buddy that had it replacing a Mesa 2:90 while the latter was getting retubed, pushing two Recto OSs. It was no patch on the mighty Mesa, but it worked :D

Sure thing. I got interested in one when Kristian Niemann(Therion) played thru one at last rehearsal. Packed quite a lot of power for such a small unit. I really like the fact I can bring this in my gig bag as backup or as main at gigs together with my Axe.

^ I was interested in using that same combo some months ago, but I read somewhere that the Crate power amp distorted pretty easily... and so I gave up the idea...
But lets us know how they both work together as soon as you can!! :)

Sure thing. I got interested in one when Kristian Niemann(Therion) played thru one at last rehearsal. Packed quite a lot of power for such a small unit. I really like the fact I can bring this in my gig bag as backup or as main at gigs together with my Axe.

Ola, this is a bit offtopic and I apologise but I have to ask this.
I've been lurking for a while and I'm a big fan of your axe-fx stuff.

We've never met but I think you're the guy who bought my roadster 2x12 cabinet. I wasn't there for the transaction but my wife sold it to a dude named Ola and we're in the same city :)

If it was you I'm glad it went to someone with your skills!

Ola, this is a bit offtopic and I apologise but I have to ask this.
I've been lurking for a while and I'm a big fan of your axe-fx stuff.

We've never met but I think you're the guy who bought my roadster 2x12 cabinet. I wasn't there for the transaction but my wife sold it to a dude named Ola and we're in the same city :)

If it was you I'm glad it went to someone with your skills!

Haha yeah that was me! Really cool, I noticed that you had a Ultra standing there amongst the stuff in your apartment. I thought that was funny and mentioned it to your wife that probably cared less :D

Haha yeah that was me! Really cool, I noticed that you had a Ultra standing there amongst the stuff in your apartment. I thought that was funny and mentioned it to your wife that probably cared less :D

Fuck, that is funny :)
I wish it was an ultra but it's a standard! She's actually glad that I'm using the axefx again as opposed to the Mark IV+roadster setup I used to have.

Awesome that you're enjoying it though, it's a great cab. If you ever share that 5150 patch maybe you could make an impulse of the cab (I should have done that myself before I sold it but forgot) because that comparison recording was superb!

Fuck, that is funny :)
I wish it was an ultra but it's a standard! She's actually glad that I'm using the axefx again as opposed to the Mark IV+roadster setup I used to have.

Awesome that you're enjoying it though, it's a great cab. If you ever share that 5150 patch maybe you could make an impulse of the cab (I should have done that myself before I sold it but forgot) because that comparison recording was superb!

The patch and impulse is on their way! Just got to get Axe Edit to work again. it works sometimes, sometimes not. Worst case I can just post the amp sim setting since that's the only block used in the patch.

The patch and impulse is on their way! Just got to get Axe Edit to work again. it works sometimes, sometimes not. Worst case I can just post the amp sim setting since that's the only block used in the patch.

why don't you use the "old editor"?
never had any problems with this one.

cheers
S.

tascam%201641.png

Firewire port on my tracking laptop died, so I picked up one of these so I can use it on both my tracking laptop, and the dual core (with no Firewire port or card slots) I usually mix on.

I know the preamp quality is not close to the best, but realistically, with 2 kids, a mortgage, and 1-2 small pay projects per year, this should suit me just fine. The majority of my projects are my goofing off solo things, or my "dad rock" band. Hopefully this does the trick!