Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Leo Fender Central:

tele.jpg

G%26L%20Front.jpg

G%26L%20Long.jpg

Given the love for TMF I thought you'd dig shallow stuff! :)

@Shadow: Yeah not having the crackling driving me insane is a huge bonus. No channels cutting out either really helps. The Mpatch really is a prosumer turd.

@jipchen: Looked at the Dangerous D-Box?

TMF?

To be honest, I went through the extremely shallow DoF stage (just like everyone else haha) and it certainly does give a 'dramatic' look to an otherwise undramatic photo but if I could give one tip it'd be to get the logo and the model name and one prominent feature all sharp (which you've almost done there anyway but I'm just being a nitpicky wanker!! haha).

Anyway, good to see you're enjoying your purchase (just checked out your other thread over in Equip).

To be honest, with the aperture I have to use in here I don't think anything other than shallow DoF is even possible. It's a very dark room, and to get that much light with ISO at 400 I need to use a pretty slow shutter and wide aperture. But anyway, this probably isn't the right thread for it.

And thanks, it's working good for now.

PS. If you think I over-use shallow DoF, check out this post, done a few pages back and you'll have a seizure, heheh: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/9379403-post4572.html

To be honest, with the aperture I have to use in here I don't think anything other than shallow DoF is even possible. It's a very dark room, and to get that much light with ISO at 400 I need to use a pretty slow shutter and wide aperture. But anyway, this probably isn't the right thread for it.

And thanks, it's working good for now.

PS. If you think I over-use shallow DoF, check out this post, done a few pages back and you'll have a seizure, heheh: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/9379403-post4572.html

They were done by my girlfriend - she's a talented photographer and managed to make my boring equipment look really interesting IMO

Also...

argosyracknroll_RacknRollL10.png

and possibly...

MP-2NV1.jpg

Sweet purchase man... I have the ASP008! How's the harmonic distortion feature (or whatever it is)? I think its pretty cool to have that on such a clean pre. Variable impedence can literally save your life on boomy toms or super crispy cymbals too!