Your latest G.A.S. purchases

$160AUD
dec.jpg

Most exciting purchase in a while... Drum editing will be much less fucking awful now.

1010042138.jpg

I actually went to an ergonomist because we had a compulsory meeting with one at school. After we'd checked my guitar playing and drums (turned out I had bad habits in playing both :erk:) she told me some pointers about working with a computer in long sessions, one of which was that those gel filled mousepads are actually a bad way to try to solve wrist problems. Apparently if you feel you need one because of pains or whatnot, you should preferably just change the way you're sitting, whereas if you get one of those pads, you're just making your problem less noticeable, but not go away.

The correct sitting position is such that your hand goes straight on the table, so that your elbow outside the table is on the same level as the table top.

Since I started doing that, I've had no wrist pains even though my gel mousepad broke (the goo started to ooze through it which was really nasty); I've just been using a normal one.

I actually went to an ergonomist because we had a compulsory meeting with one at school. After we'd checked my guitar playing and drums (turned out I had bad habits in playing both :erk:) she told me some pointers about working with a computer in long sessions, one of which was that those gel filled mousepads are actually a bad way to try to solve wrist problems. Apparently if you feel you need one because of pains or whatnot, you should preferably just change the way you're sitting, whereas if you get one of those pads, you're just making your problem less noticeable, but not go away.

The correct sitting position is such that your hand goes straight on the table, so that your elbow outside the table is on the same level as the table top.

Since I started doing that, I've had no wrist pains even though my gel mousepad broke (the goo started to ooze through it which was really nasty); I've just been using a normal one.

Well I don't have any actual wrist pain or problems whatsoever, I just have a massive callous on the base of my hand from it resting on a hard wooden desk all the time, like the bone itself is sore from being on such a hard surface :lol: I just needed something soft to put under it so it's not constantly rubbing against the desk! Changing my sitting position wouldn't fix that, that bone would still be pushing on the desk all the time since my hand needs to rest on something :/

Built 4 of these with my girlfriends dad. They don't look like much just now, but they will be my new traps. They're about half an inch away from being full floor to ceiling traps.

I've just covered one side with material.
trap.jpg

Waiting on some Knauf/Rocksilk RS60 which is the equivalent of Rockwool RW3.

Need to get more material though.

The Presonus Faderport I bought is a total, complete, utter fail.

Not only was the driver CD cracked and unusable, but upon getting the latest drivers from their site, I realized that they only addressed DAW communication. There was no driver provided for Windows. Since my DAW is offline this created huge problems. No compliancy driver was available for download. So even after enabling internet access on my DAW, Windows still failed to find the right drivers for the unit. After a few attempts the unit stopped getting recognized altogether.

This is the end of my fling with prosumer gear. A lesson well learned. Presonus can blow goats.