Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Woops..
cytomic-the-glue-460-80.jpg

how is the yamaha? are you happy with the built quality and the sound? i am interested on purchasing one of this

Its ok for the money i did a quick sample today with 2 sdc in xy config to give you an idea of the sound these samples are straight out of the box factory set up and strings. Excuse the poor playing as i dont get much time to play guitar these days :cry:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/749671/Yamaha fg 730s Strumming sample.wav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/749671/Yamaha fg 730s Picking sample.wav

With better strings a better player and more time spent properly micing i think it will sound very nice and definatly useable for recording. It plays nice out of the box also and the finish and build quality is very good.

A panel for my rack drilled for xlr connectors, female xlr chassis connectors, male xlr connectors, some cable, a vented rack blanking plate and a new 6U rack case.

Wow, care to elaborate on this? Sounds interesting :)

I think ive mentioned it on this forum before but couldnt find the post so heres a quick run down,

Basically im making a mini 5K as a summing mixer from modules i can get hold of over time,

Ive got 8x stereo line modules, that consist of:
A Stereo line in that can be mono'd left or right
Variable High and Low Pass Filters
An insert for additionsl Outboard (EQ Comp etc)
And a master direct out level pot

These channels will be summed together through a Passive Neve style Summing Curcuit and booseted with a transformer balanced line amp - again Neve Style.

The SSL 5K stuff it all electronically balanced so adding the Neve style transformer balancing to the summing circuit will hopefully add a little colour/character

That will all be housed in a 19" 4U Rack as Part one of the setup

Part 2 will be a similar looking rack but full of EQ modules, i have 3 mono SL 502's right now and i will get some stereo ones too - pehaps 4 of each.

And then 2 GSSL Bus compressors,

I also have a Audio & Design Scamp Rack Full of compressor , expander gates and EQ Modules that will be part of it and some Neve style Calrec 1061 EQ's in another rack,

All of this will appear on a jack field so any of the modules can be patched into the mixer inserts or patched into my motu 24io as hardware inserts in my DAW.

Its a massive task and its getting there slowly, it will be a total franken-desk but im excited about using it for some analogue sound.

Grabbed myself a PBC-6a, very tasty! I definitely need a 2nd. Also grabbed a Bluestone load box which will make tracking easier.
I'm skint now after also grabbing a lunch box with a bae 312 and a 5150MKII so it's been a slutty couple of months :)