Your latest G.A.S. purchases

You accidentally a MD421? Awesome^^

I got this today:
drum_dial.jpg
Haha yeah, I really don't need it because I just bought two Audix D2 for the toms.. and I alreay own one MD421. But it's a great mic I'll find some use.

Tell me what you think of the Drum Dial when you've used it a few times, I'm also interested in this piece of gear.

The grill is not removable, sadly...

Do I get you right at this point?

"...and you can pop a baffle off with a screwdriver on the font to reveal the actual speaker-baffle underneath."

There is something between cab and speaker and if I remove that, the box is going to sound better?

Am I stupid?

No, not stupid - it's a design difference I've found between some Mesa Recto cabs. I recently bought another Mesa 4x12 (older, my current one is one of the latest you can get), and I can remove the grillcloth from the front (it's attached with industrial strength velcro) to reveal a speaker baffle separate from the baffle that the grillcloth/piping is attached too. I'll take pictures during the re-tolexing process that it'll be undergoing next week!

No, not stupid - it's a design difference I've found between some Mesa Recto cabs. I recently bought another Mesa 4x12 (older, my current one is one of the latest you can get), and I can remove the grillcloth from the front (it's attached with industrial strength velcro) to reveal a speaker baffle separate from the baffle that the grillcloth/piping is attached too. I'll take pictures during the re-tolexing process that it'll be undergoing next week!

Ah, k.

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems that my cab is rather new...

But that re-tolexing process would be interesting to see, anyways.