Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Tbh I think you were expecting to much.. I mean you are comparing some 300 euro headphones with a pair of 3000 euro monitors.

With that being said I do hate how cheap they feel.. and at first I dident like them aswell, went back to my ath-m50.
But I forced myself to spendt some time with the 650 and now I actual like them a fair bit (but you have to gain them more to sound good), I mostly use them to balance the lows a bit and check stuff like verb levels and so on.

647179.jpg

BOSE IE2.
sounding pretty awesome (probably not for mixing, but just listening too music :) )

This is one of the first times my monitors are actually better for checking ambiance levels in a mix. Finding the mids really odd on the Sennies, and oddly I preferred the comfort of the cheaper M50s. Fairly underwhelmed for the cost. They're quite expensive for cans, and nowhere near the bang for buck of the M50s.

Was going to respond to this one earlier actually but forgot:

lolzgreg said:
My new favorite amp... who needs a freakin' boost. Do you know why that middle slider is so far down on the EQ? Because it sounds like balls if it's not :p

I'd like to see if you still feel that way after you've tried to mix a record with it.

The Hd-650's do feel a bit cheap, have to agree on that. I love how they sound though and I find them really comfortable. Have you tried them with different headphone amps yet? I can hear a difference even between my Profire 2626 and Mbox 2 Mini, and especially comparing those with my Macbook Pro's own headphone out, which is just flubby and bad especially in the low end.

I guess it's worth mentioning that I've always been using headphones that have a similar curve to them as the Hd-650's, so that may be the reason why I find them so familiar and all. I can even comfortably mix on them, which is completely new to me.

This is one of the first times my monitors are actually better for checking ambiance levels in a mix. Finding the mids really odd on the Sennies, and oddly I preferred the comfort of the cheaper M50s. Fairly underwhelmed for the cost. They're quite expensive for cans, and nowhere near the bang for buck of the M50s.

Was going to respond to this one earlier actually but forgot:

I'd like to see if you still feel that way after you've tried to mix a record with it.

Are the mids fighting your lead vocal meat?

I'm going to be doing some reamping with it soon, and we shall see. :D

I got DT 880 PRO for 180 green presidents. First time UPS successfully lost my package. Second time they delayed for reasons beyond UPS control, but only for 1 day. So, far I like it. But need more time to get used.

Are the mids fighting your lead vocal meat?

I'm going to be doing some reamping with it soon, and we shall see. :D

The mids are fighting my everything! Areas to watch out for on this one: 400Hz, 700Hz, 2kHz.

Anyway, the studio bass finally arrived today. So I have something to track the guitar tone comp bass with finally. Will give the intonation a look over when I get a moment... so far though the factory set-up plays like a dream.

BTB705DX.jpg

BTB705DX-2.jpg

Nice one Ermz, great choice on the bass. Absolutely love the BTB range of basses, the neck really lends itself to smooth, fast and comfortable playing.
Out of all the guitar and bass products Ibanez makes, the BTB stuff is probably the best stuff they have to offer currently.