Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Nice buy! :)
Can you fit that lunchbox into a rack...screw it in?

Thanks! Yeah I´ll put it in my rack. Saw a guy over at gearslutz who did the same. You just have to get a standard rack panel, bend it and screw it to the LB. You can use the holes from the rubber feet and the handle for that. Should be easy.

875_01.jpg

Please let me know if 1. the top two buttons are now programmable to do whatever you want with, and if 2. the scrolling by moving the ball is weird. I really want to love the Slimblade, but I'm not sure if the scrolling is comfortable/workable, considering it seems you'd move the cursor at the same time which I'd hate.

I have an expert mouse and slimblade.
The expert mouse is easier to configure using Kensington's mouseworks software but if you are mac you can configure the slimblade using software called "usb overdrive".
The slimblade feels much better than the expert mouse with less resistance and "twisting" the ball to scroll is great and you can shift scroll to go horizontal too. On the slimblade I have the bottom 2 buttons as normal left/right click and top left as play/stop (spacebar keystroke) and top right as record punch (num keypad "3" keystroke). This works great.
Highly recommend the slimblade, especially if you do a lot of drum editing. I used to get severe hand/wrist pain before I switched to a trackball.

I have an expert mouse and slimblade.
The expert mouse is easier to configure using Kensington's mouseworks software but if you are mac you can configure the slimblade using software called "usb overdrive".
The slimblade feels much better than the expert mouse with less resistance and "twisting" the ball to scroll is great and you can shift scroll to go horizontal too. On the slimblade I have the bottom 2 buttons as normal left/right click and top left as play/stop (spacebar keystroke) and top right as record punch (num keypad "3" keystroke). This works great.
Highly recommend the slimblade, especially if you do a lot of drum editing. I used to get severe hand/wrist pain before I switched to a trackball.

Ahhh cheers; I have the Expert Mouse now and absolutely love it. Does the cursor move much while scrolling with the ball? I kind of like that the scrolling ring on the EM is completely separate from the trackball, so my mouse stays perfectly still while scrolling.

I think Kensington has recently updated Mouseworks and introduced a new piece of software that works with the Slimblade, so I may not even need USB overdrive.

Just downloading "trackballworks" now.
Thanks. Didn't know about that.
I don't have a problem with cursor moving when scrolling.
The twist to scroll is much smoother than the scroll ring on the expert.
The slimblade is FAR smoother when moving the cursor with much less friction.
Coming from the expert to the slimblade as I have you will really appreciate how much they improved it.
Also there is no bottom casing below the ball so it won't fill up with crap and require constant cleaning. The ball is exactly the same size BTW so you will get used to it very quickly.

Thanks! Yeah I´ll put it in my rack. Saw a guy over at gearslutz who did the same. You just have to get a standard rack panel, bend it and screw it to the LB. You can use the holes from the rubber feet and the handle for that. Should be easy.

Tnx for the info! :)

Iomega-MiniMax-1TB-FireWire400-USB-2.0-7200rpm.jpg

Got sick of selective backups and now just clone my entire drive nightly. Huge weight off my shoulders. :lol:
FW800 and a 3-port USB hub built-in FTW!

Cubase6_box.jpg

Pretty sure lots of us bought that.

dv-9900-52477-00.jpg

For the cost of shipping off a buddy who upgraded to some huge 88-key thing, totally worth it.

Ah right. I guess I don't do enough editing to get that.

Anyway, they finally arrived, over half a month after the order:

HD650.jpg

First thought when handling them was 'wow, they are made out of some really cheap-feeling plastic'. First thought when using them was 'hmm, kind of unimpressed'. After putting them down and then playing something back through the Opals I understood why. The headphones are total crap compared to the monitors. Not even in the same ballpark. So I dunno, maybe I didn't spend enough money and these are low-end headphones or something, but with the Opals around they are virtually useless for me. Also, I preferred the construction, flexibility and feel of the ATH-M50s over them.

I went with the beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro. The HD 650s felt hella cheap and the highs didn't impress me at all. That said no headphones are a substitute for a good pair of monitors, fully agreed on that.

not everything senn makes is gold. I also find their in ears a level below Shure's top offerings.