Your latest G.A.S. purchases

you guys have me worried... I just bought this yesterday. I hope its an actual oversized.
2h4w509.jpg

Does the Bottom of the Logo sit RIGHT on the Transition from Straight to Slant? Is the Piping Grey/Gray rather than closer to Black? I have had a Trad Straight as well as an Oversize Slant and Oversize Straight. I can generally pick the difference. I hope I am wrong for you though in this case. :confused:.

EDIT: Does it look like this: (focus on where the Logo is positioned):

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/RECTOcabs/Recto4x12SDsl-LG.htm

OR THIS:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/StilettoCabs/Stiletto4x12TRsl-LG.htm

Instead of trying to base it on where the Mesa Engineering plate is attached to the grill cloth, measure the cab and compare the dimensions to those listed on the Mesa site!

Lasse,
How you getting on with the control 24 ? (looks really nice in the woodwork) im seriously considering getting one when i next see one going cheap.
Do you still use the mouse for most things or can you get pretty much everything one on the Control24 ?
i have a Euphonix MC Control right now and im still going for the mouse for a lot of things because i havnt memorised where the softkeys for the functions i need are yet.

well, you don't need a mouse or keyboard at all anymore....every single function in PT can be controlled with the Control24...well, except typing in names and adding plugins etc.

but all the editing and transport functions, zoom, arm, plugin parameters etc..very nice.
I'm still gonna be using the mouse and keyboard for lots of stuff though...the desk is just too big to reach for buttons all the time, just cause I want to delete or duplicate something.
really nice to use the pots for plugins and the faders for levels though...makes you work with your ears again.

Thats sounds encouraging, Although im surprised to hear you cant insert plugins, im presuming you can choose a default EQ or Comp to insert like on the Command 8
(i used to have one but didnt find it particularly useful apart from the transport and faders).
i just assumed you could insert whatever you like with the bigger controllers, im really torn between the Control 24 and the pro Control but the control 24 is kinda winning so far because of the 24 faders, I used to have access to both years ago but i can cant remember the difference between what they feel like to use and there are no good videos on youtube etc.
In general i know what you mean about surface making you use you ears more, i guess i need to get into the frame of mind where i turn off my screens and just use the MC Control for everything and see how i go until a cheap Control 24 or Pro Control Crops up,

Thanks for the info though!

well, you can use all the plugins you want, and controll all the EQ and dynamics with the Control24 of course..
when I said "you can't insert" I just meant...click on a free insert, open that drop down menue, navigate though the plugins and choose one.

well, you can use all the plugins you want, and controll all the EQ and dynamics with the Control24 of course..
when I said "you can't insert" I just meant...click on a free insert, open that drop down menue, navigate though the plugins and choose one.

yup thats how i understood it, i just thought you would be able to do that for some reason (maybe its the ProControl that you can),
I can insert plugins with the with the Euphonix.
Anyway a small sacrifice to make for a nice surface

DSCN0996_1_.JPG

Bought the one on the left yesterday. Carvin B5 - 5-String, Ash Body, maple neck, Music Man bridge humbucker, J-Bass neck humbucker, 9V active 3-band eq with push-pull passive mode, ebony fretboard, string-through bridge. Both pickups are coil splittable. I'm thinking I should be able to get any sound under the sun out of this thing. Couldn't pass it up for $300 with a hardshell.