Your latest G.A.S. purchases

elephant-large1024.jpg

and

05.jpg

finally decided to get REAL about Mastering ITB :) ... we will see how it works out.

The Elephant is cool!

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263363b8d037f15a5581e64c136ab1514ac1c.jpg

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336d26ff75dc1fcbf73765b0cdd12c625b3.jpg

Picking these up tomorrow when I go to see Rush from guys on an Irish classifieds site.

Washburn WG 587 with an SD Invader in the bridge. Not going to be anything special but I've been borrowing my brothers 7 strings for the band and need my own.

Comp/gate rack unit is a LA Audio 4X4. Should be a cool unit and its only 100 euro. 2 comps and 2 gates (all separate or can be linked) with a cool filter that lets you split the signal and only comp above/below what frequency you set the filter to.

One of the local music stores was bought out by another one, so they were blowing out all their current stock at ridiculous prices. I managed to snag 3 Hercules mic stands for 20 bucks each and 8 sets of 25 foot Mogami gold xlrs for 15 bucks each. Win.

I could not pass up the GAS I've been having for either buying a hollowbody guitar and/or one equipped with P-90s so I could not pass up this little beauty over in the Guitarfetish closeout section (it has some sort of minor cosmetic flaw). Yes, it's a cheap guitar, but I've seen several reviews that it's a steal for the price and I have no problems tossing a little work into something to turn it into a player. But man have I been lloking to put something with P-90s in my collection and to get a Goldtop Hollowbody with P-90s was just too much to pass up so I bought a Xaviere XV-560.

These is a pictures of the exact same model guitar I've bought from Guitarfetish (it's even a closeout model) I found over at TDPRI.com (thanks bluebilly for posting these). I'll post some pics of mine when it arrives.

S7302211.jpg

S7302212.jpg

Hopefully a good setup and maybe a little fretwork and she will be a keeper, but for $200 dollars, it was a no-brainer for me.

^^ wow this gold top is nice!

my latest purchases are this:
Powercore-0.jpg

then this:
52604.jpg

used TC-Electronics Powercore + UAD2-Qad = TC->UAD Crossgrade Bundle = WIN :)

fireface_ufx_3d-fb-m_txt6.jpg

Got it brandnew for 1660€, I couldn't resist.. Now I'm unsure what to do with my "old" FF800. I could use it as a standalone 10 channel AD/DA unit with 4 preamps..
I could also sell it (they go for about 900€ used here) but I'm not gonna get a 8 channel AD/DA unit (like the RME ADI-8 DS) for that money very easy.
And if I keep it I always have a backup interface in case something gets fucked up and I have to send it in. Tough decision :/

Anyone interested in a top-condition RME Fireface 800 for 900€ with shipping (within the EU)?

I'm in deep smit with it so far. Only had a couple hours last night to play with it. To my ears I can't hear any coloration. The interface is intuitive, love the pre and post analyzer. CPU utilization even in high granularity modes are still nil. Q values are ridiculous. Love the notching. Only thing I'm not keen on is the auto scaling. A/B, undo and redo and individual band bypass are great. It just seems like they've thought of everything.

I'm in deep smit with it so far. Only had a couple hours last night to play with it. To my ears I can't hear any coloration. The interface is intuitive, love the pre and post analyzer. CPU utilization even in high granularity modes are still nil. Q values are ridiculous. Love the notching. Only thing I'm not keen on is the auto scaling. A/B, undo and redo and individual band bypass are great. It just seems like they've thought of everything.

How about the M/S functions? Everything working fine?

The Mid/Side functions vs the L/R? I just noticed that about 10 minutes before I went to bed last night. I wish they had made it possible to set L/R on top of M/S, but running 2 instances isn't painful. It's quite good to my ears. My quick experiment was to push the drums as far forward and vocals as far back as possible, inverse of what I'd normally want, but it worked well.

How about the M/S functions? Everything working fine?