Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Yeah, waiting on a PreSonus reply on the firmware update via OS X, might have to borrow a roommates laptop or something.

But no, $40 is not a typo... it was posted on Craigslist in pieces and not working, citing that the PSU had caused some kind of burnout on the PCB where the power switch was. Turns out the guy was using a 6v PSU, which is half the required DC voltage on the unit. Found a PSU from an old external HDD that matched voltage/amperage/wattage wise, picking up a new on/off switch today (so I don't have to always internally jumper it :lol: ), and I'm golden!

Picked these up today, Audix/58 from a local Gearslutz poster, and the FirePod from Craigslist.

dp5a.jpg

+
636704.jpg

+ 10 assorted XLR cables (all Belden/Neutrik, might swap for Mogami cabling eventually), all for $500.

Nice One !!! Love my Audix DP-7 !!! :worship:

Yeah, waiting on a PreSonus reply on the firmware update via OS X, might have to borrow a roommates laptop or something.

But no, $40 is not a typo... it was posted on Craigslist in pieces and not working, citing that the PSU had caused some kind of burnout on the PCB where the power switch was. Turns out the guy was using a 6v PSU, which is half the required DC voltage on the unit. Found a PSU from an old external HDD that matched voltage/amperage/wattage wise, picking up a new on/off switch today (so I don't have to always internally jumper it :lol: ), and I'm golden!

I don't know if this matters, but when I was running a firepod on OSX the firmware update killed the ability to use the S/pdif ports, I actually had to downgrade (shitty).

I have no idea if that's still an issue or not, been firepod free for a couple years.

Annnnd to use as a standalone 8ch ADAT preamp (oddly enough, cheaper than even the DigiMax D8 or FS go for used). I had one years ago and loved it as an interface, and was pretty impressed with the converters/pres (Focusrite 'Green' range), so it should do just fine.

Focusrite-Saffire-Pro-26-0.jpg

Saffire Pro 26i/o, $225 shipped!

products_fireface_uc_8.jpg

This, soon after giving up this underwhelming abortion:

It's overkill, but at least it's a solid brick.

Last edited by a moderator: