Your latest G.A.S. purchases

It seriously rules! I can fit my i5, 2:rofl:2, D4, D6, NT5 pair, 2xSM57, an SM58, and all the D-Vice mounts and mic clips necessary inside. Kind of amazing - only mic that doesn't fit is the damn SM7b. :lol:

Have you found a case for the sm7b? I'm sick of moving it all the time and being scared it gets damaged.

Those Audix cases don't last. Mine fell apart after about 2 years use. The base gets loose and falls out. Had to retire mine lately and need a new case

I keep my SM7b in the original package :D

oh and btw... I got this today:

primefetc-1307051430-647.jpg

Firkins is awesome!
And it got here today! So happy! The yamaha pacifica guitar line is seriously a great line of guitars for the price. Now to just just swap the pickups out for more output! :D

How's the action on it? I've noticed some of them are hit or missI've seen really cheap ones for $50-$200 on ebay, but I'm always hesitant to guess which one might be good without playing it and seeing it in person first. I got my first one by luck when a shop locally had one used, and it was one of the birdseye maple neck ones that Firkins endorsed. Too bad I sold it a long time ago when I needed money... now I want another. lol
My guess is his was the Pacifica 1421 or 1412, cant remember which.

Firkins_1.1.jpg

How's the action on it? I've noticed some of them are hit or miss. It's like the Pacifica's had lower quality builds/versions and higher-end versions. I've seen really cheap ones for $50-$200 on ebay, but I'm always hesitant to guess which one might be good without playing it and seeing it in person first. I got my first one by luck when a shop locally had one used, and it was one of the birdseye maple neck ones that Firkins endorsed. Too bad I sold it a long time ago when I needed money... now I want another. lol

http://www.guitarontheedge.co.uk/assets/images/Firkins_1.1.jpg

The action is pretty good! Unfortunately the height of the saddles are practically all the way down causing the screws to dig into my palm a bit, but it doesn't really bother me if I just lay my palm in front of it instead.

Yeah, the firkins model looks sweet. Maybe this will help, here's the pdf off the yamaha site to the old pacifica catalog with spec info's and all.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...sses/el-guitars/pacifica/pac311ms/?mode=model

Just click the pdf file on the page. They had some amazing looking guitars back then!

With the talk of cases going on, does anyone know where and can recommend where I could grab a good quality case maybe around the size of this? Really need to get one now that I'm starting to be brought in to mix shows.

I have three that I've bought at home improvement stores (Lowes specifically which is a big box store in the states) for $25/each complete with pick-out foam.

It seriously rules! I can fit my i5, 2:rofl:2, D4, D6, NT5 pair, 2xSM57, an SM58, and all the D-Vice mounts and mic clips necessary inside. Kind of amazing - only mic that doesn't fit is the damn SM7b. :lol:

this is good news! i have two 57's and two nt5's i'll be using it for as well then ;)

Will let you know tomorrow :p It just dawned on me recently what its similar to shape wise...Agile Ghost Pro. Not many people like it it seems but I love it!

^ Nice new guitar Jaymz! OMG that is so sexy! I hate the explorer body style, but that is rad!!!!!

Oh, and that treble-cleft / snake looking inlay at the 12th is so badass!

With the talk of cases going on, does anyone know where and can recommend where I could grab a good quality case maybe around the size of this? Really need to get one now that I'm starting to be brought in to mix shows.

I had a local case company make mine. $200 for a custom case isn't really that bad to protect your gear, mine holds 24 mics and has a side compartment for DIs, clips, turnarounds, etc and I'm pretty sure I could throw it off a cliff and my stuff would survive