4431320226_11e5979ef4.jpg

PultecMEQ5.jpg

EQH-2 and MEQ-5

NEVE_8816_SUMMIN_4ce3f77296c9f.jpg

largefront.jpg

X2

4844-empirical-labs-distressor-el8-large.jpg

Really great stuff Pedro!! :headbang:

I was reluctant to post my latest major gear purchases so I wouldn't hurt anybody's feelings , I think that I'm not anymore :D

Had the same reaction as Jeff: turn down the mids, you're gonna blow your amp.

Oh shit, you already did... :(

lolol those settings were just what happened to be up when i took the picture, but dont be hatin on the mids!

Luckily the store I ordered it from is a really good business, they ordered 2 extra for stock when they ordered mine and just told me to bring it in and swap it with one of those, no hassle at all. They are going to handle the warranty repair or send back to peavey.

Also Ermz, is that one of those giant gaming mousepads? I want one of those, I always run out of room while playing games! I would think it would be good for editing and stuff too!

@Harry: For me it's the best Marshall amp I've ever heard, period. None other I've tried has been able to so competently cover such a wide variety of styles. The amount of tonal options on this thing is quite significant. One thing I really dig about it is that it can handle being scooped quite well, so it's going to come in handy for the many prog/power metal records with huge symphonic/electronic elements we're doing this year.

@Brett: Cheers! It was pretty hard to make the Marshall look good. It's a damn ugly amp, hahah.

@Lowberg: It's a standard sized mouse pad, but it's designed for gaming, yeah. It's smaller than my old pad. This one has a really heavily textured weave, and it's thick... sweats a lot. Still not 100% sure getting the 'Control' surface over the 'Speed' one was a good call. The mouse tracks really damn well on it though.

haha, nah, I wish :D. I actually have still about 4k€ rent I'll have to pay in the next weeks...not to speak of insurances etc, my overheads are quite high.
I traded my new NV in for this, couldn't get used to the Kahler Trem, so it was really just a trade.

I guess it's the same for most studios...work your ass of 14-16 hrs 7 days the week, no holidays, no party, no car....every single penny goes into the studio...priorities

How do you guys afford all this awesome stuff? I don't really know the rates for studios.. but you seem to all be shitting out green.

I have a day job and no real responsibilities or debts and, as of right now, my recording career is still in the hobby phase. The extra money I do get I use to buy gear I know will be put to use to make the small projects I work on sound better, which hopefully leads to building a client base, which hopefully leads to getting a buzz generated, which hopefully leads to me doing studio work full-time. I just wish I had my own space and an extra 12 hours in a day.

@Lasse : I have the standard one, which has dots instead of the shark/jackson-like neck markers. So, is this a custom shop, or which model is it, i'm lost in all the esp models ?

Its like an Alexi Gay-Ho sawtooth SV but with a neck pickup. Very nice!

So I went back to the shop, and they gave me a new 6505.

Get home and look at the back, the plate that attaches the transformer to the chassis is bent and one of the power tubes is half-way plugged in leading me to assume that this head got dropped or something by the shipper. I plugged the tube in all the way my self and powered it up and jammed for a few min at minimum volume because its late and it does work, just hope that there was no damage done to the amp.

Theres no way that it could have passed peavey's QC with a bent transformer and half inserted tubes, it must have been the UPS guy. Just throwing around ppl's crap in trucks :mad:

JCA20H_3Q_490W.jpg

Been looking for a used one for some time and finally got one for a fair price... and it's already in love with my TS9 and Mesa OS :D

@Harry: For me it's the best Marshall amp I've ever heard, period. None other I've tried has been able to so competently cover such a wide variety of styles. The amount of tonal options on this thing is quite significant. One thing I really dig about it is that it can handle being scooped quite well, so it's going to come in handy for the many prog/power metal records with huge symphonic/electronic elements we're doing this year.

@Brett: Cheers! It was pretty hard to make the Marshall look good. It's a damn ugly amp, hahah.

@Lowberg: It's a standard sized mouse pad, but it's designed for gaming, yeah. It's smaller than my old pad. This one has a really heavily textured weave, and it's thick... sweats a lot. Still not 100% sure getting the 'Control' surface over the 'Speed' one was a good call. The mouse tracks really damn well on it though.

Nice to see more people appreciate the JVM. There;s ways to mod it to get 90% close to a Blackface twin, a JCM800 and Dual Recto on three of the four channels. But I personally wouldn't butcher it. Awesome amp, hope you enjoy it. I sure do enjoy my 410C

I had that Goliathus and like it quite a bit but my RAT7 wasn't really playing nice, so I had to return it and get a Destructor, now it's all fine. The Philips twin-eye is a shit sensor.