Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I appreciate that, but my country duties are going to rape me. (60% of the product price + shipping + 6% of taxes)

You live here in Argentina? :lol:

In fact here it's 50% of the TOTAL (product AND shipping) + 21% taxes + 5% handling. WHAT A SH*TLOAD OF F*CK.

Didn't need another one, but for $50 it was too good to pass on. One for playing, one for tinkering.

vs8100.jpg

Nice score. I'd pay double if not more. But then again shipping to me would be 3 times that so..no go.

Here's my recent splurge:

Superluxms200.jpg

A pair of Superlux MS 200's,

superluxMA-90.jpg

a Superlux MA 90 stereo bar,

mc930_matched.jpg

a matched pair of Beyerdynamic MC930's,

Jolynt1a.jpg

and a MJ modded NT1a.

:D

Where the fuck do you live man? Jesus christ 60% in what?

I am confus? :confused:

You live here in Argentina? :lol:

In fact here it's 50% of the TOTAL (product AND shipping) + 21% taxes + 5% handling. WHAT A SH*TLOAD OF F*CK.

Acctually, i'm from Brazil.
Here we have a 'cascade' type of taxing for importaded products (even if it comes from a particular, not the store)

They check at customs:
50%~70% (because they have different taxes for products, normaly anything related to music production is 60% of the TOTAL (product AND shipping)
+
17% ICMS (tax for the state that imports the product)
+
7,87 % IPI (tax for industrializated products, incides even if the product was manufactored)
+
7,6 % COFINS (other crap...)
+
1,65 % PIS/PASEP (...)

Total of TAXES 94,12% of the product, normally.

BUT, they don't tax every product because they choose radomly what they will check, if sent by a particular.
So, it's lucky.

Once I bought from some fella here an Ilok for 30 bucks, and I wans't taxed.

Although I bought last year a maxon 808 and got raped:puke:

-Anyway, Brazil is a very expensive place to live:

-With propper conversion (dollar to real) 1 gallon of gasoline (with 25% ethanol) costs here about 10,44 dollars.
-PS3 here is 773 dollars.
-Bluray costs about 42 dollars

RAPE!

*********Just to metion: If you don't pay the custom upon 2 days IN CASH your product go tothe customs auction.

Ugh, jealous!

I'm just glad things are finally working out. It was a bit of a dick pain to get to this point. I had originally bought a used NT1a locally for about 100 bucks, packaged it up and sent it to be modded on June 6th (with a mod date July 12th). A few weeks go by with no word from Oktavamod about receiving my mic. I wasn't too concerned at this point because, for those of you that don't know, there was a Canada Post strike during that time. I just figured once they got back to work, it would take awhile to get all the backed-up mail sent out and there wouldn't be a problem.

So with the mod date looming closer and closer, I shoot periodic emails to Oktavamod to see if it's arrived yet, but as of July 10th no dice. After setting up a "missing package" account with Canada Post, I decided the only way to get this modded mic asap was to buy another friggin one on ebay (and sell my original one if it every shows up). Waited for about a week to find as good of a deal as I had on the first one, and I eventually managed to snipe one for $115. It's being modded right now.