Your latest G.A.S. purchases

A new motherfucking motherboard because gigabyte know to put TI fw chipsets but dont know how to code bios that poperly indexes ram. EX58 UD5 would only allow the use of 4 of 6gb. Common problem apparently. Bitches. Asus sabertooth + suitable fw card ftw. I hope.

Well, thats not gas, its a requirement.

Last gas thing was

FMR_RNC_1773_main.jpg

Unremarkable but capable workhorse. yay.

A new motherfucking motherboard because gigabyte know to put TI fw chipsets but dont know how to code bios that poperly indexes ram. EX58 UD5 would only allow the use of 4 of 6gb. Common problem apparently. Bitches. Asus sabertooth + suitable fw card ftw. I hope.

I have the UD5 and it indexes all my 6Gb ram

I have the UD5 and it indexes all my 6Gb ram

Thats nice for you. Mine doesnt. I've tried nearly all the bois versions, changed any relevant settings in the bios according to any guides I can find, swapped the ram round, checked the pins in the DIMMS, etc etc blah blah. No joy. Hunting round for the same issue reveals that it happens with other boards and apparently is a fairly common problem for X58, that the gigabyte boards suffer from it far more than any other and the ASUS boards are about the best/least likely to do it, and their later bioses are pretty much free of it. So, the sabertooth is apparently rock solid, I'll chance the VIA fireware (RME tech support reckon I have a good chance with it, but arent certain), and if not just get a lacie or other known-to-work fw card.

Nervous as hell about rebuilding my audio rig, but needs must, no?

The RNCs pretty good though :D

@Brett

Good variations of amp-tones you got there. I recorded a Savagae not long ago and i really liked it. Many amps have way to much mids but i really felt you could control the mids 100% on the savage :)