Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Been planning to put together a mobile recording rig for some time, and now I finally did it! 24 splitter, 24 preamps, 24 track recording. Took like 12 hours of soldering, zzz... Already had the HD24 but the rest of the stuff is new!

rig_small.jpg

Been planning to put together a mobile recording rig for some time, and now I finally did it! 24 splitter, 24 preamps, 24 track recording. Took like 12 hours of soldering, zzz... Already had the HD24 but the rest of the stuff is new!

rig_small.jpg

Nice! What splitter is that?

I presume the black one is a Gibson, what's the other. They look nice, real nice!

I got three expensive guitars last month, must post a family photo, but none of them is even remotely Metal.

The other one is an Aria Pro II from the early 80ies, probably repainted once back in the day but it sounds, feels and looks great

Yes, and it became the quintessential old school Metal guitar. Well Jimi and Albert King liked them too. One of the most underrated guitars of all time, the Flying V. I find them too be much more versatile than Gibson Explorers which are total Metal. I NEED ONE (I also need a seven string baritone of some kind though...)

The old Arias were built at Matsumoku, cream of the crop of Japanese guitars.

The drumset was an impulse buy. Wasn't planning on learning drums but it was only $75. And most of the rides on craigslist were 60 for the lower end ones and I found the AA for 80 so I went for it, just to learn Slayer songs.