Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Both incoming..
jet-city-jca-20h-guitar-amp-460-100-460-70.jpg

2372.jpg

i ordered the components for my new studio computer (finally), containing an I7-2600k, an ASUS P8P67 Pro Mainboard, 16GB of RAM, Corsair Force III 120GB SSD as systemdrive, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Be Quiet 580W Silver Cert. Power Supply, Zotac Geforce 520GT passive cooled graphic-card, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, various cables, and a new monitor:
41CJ-datb4L.jpg

next purchase: Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Upgrade :) :) :)

Congrats! Please tell us what you think about it after some use. I'm thinking a lot about getting one, but here they go for about 7k and can't be demo'ed, so... you get the idea :D

ok so it arrived yesterday and i've been playing with it. definitely amazing. i need to take it to get some servicing some of the pots are a bit scratchy but so far i did some a/b shootouts with the waves plug in and while the waves is very good there are some slight differences. it is very close though as i've heard many other shootouts on gearslutz in the past. once this unit is all cleaned up i will make sure to post some a/b comparisons.

it really is amazing how a plug in can sound so close to something that weighs and feels like a slab of granite. it's a pretty heavy 1RU piece.

One of these, (this isnt my photo)

01c3_12.jpg

I Couldn't resist this !

Seymour Duncan Convertible 100w all tube combo,
This thing is amazing! its a bit like a Mk1 Boogie but has drop in tube preamp modules that can be stacked up for great tone finding fun.
Plus a variable powersoak that you can dial down to 5 Watts ;0) this thing was made in 1986 and was so ahead of its time!
Theres a great little page about them here:
http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/Convert.htm

One of these to run my rack Pre amps through for some future re-amping : (this isnt my photo)

2x50w or 2x25w all tube power amp

and one of these: (this isnt my photo)

ME35T.jpg

Akai Trigger to Midi unit.

Thats a great deal for S2.0.

I did notice this and I was wondering if you guys knew more about this?

I'm trying to find out if I should go for the physical disc as well.
a

Order the physical disc (was an extra $14 in shipping for me) - the whole Superior 2 package cannot be downloaded from Toontrack as it's about 20GB of samples. I made the mistake of not ordering it, but fortunately I figured it out quickly and Chris at Florida Music Company was able to fix it for me quickly.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550

Marshall_Jubilee_2550_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Peavey 6505

Peavey_6505_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Sold one of the 5150s and bought this one. The sound is softer on the 6505 but that could be because of the difference in the tubes or the old capacitors on the 5150.
When I have time I'm going to do a shootout between the 5150EVH, 5150 Voodoo modded and the 6505 using the same tubes on all three.

And one more for the Compressor collection :)

Neve 2264a Pair

Neve_2264A_x2_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550

Marshall_Jubilee_2550_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Peavey 6505

Peavey_6505_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

Sold one of the 5150s and bought this one. The sound is softer on the 6505 but that could be because of the difference in the tubes or the old capacitors on the 5150.
When I have time I'm going to do a shootout between the 5150EVH, 5150 Voodoo modded and the 6505 using the same tubes on all three.

And one more for the Compressor collection :)

Neve 2264a Pair

Neve_2264A_x2_Eduardo_Apolonia.jpg

every time i see your posts edddy i think that i may have accidentaly clicked on the "What are you G.A.S.ing for right now? " thread :lol:

Mikaël-ange;10145355 said:
Who racked those 2264 Eddy?

Edit: any reason behind choosing 2264 over a 2254 pair btw?

I bought the 2 2264A modules + the rack to install them.
Bought from KMR Audio.

BTW highly recommended, only have good things to say about KMR.

Now, Funky Junk (Proaudioeurope) that's the worst Customer service I got ever!!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk:

The sound of the 2254 is different from the 2264.
The 2254 is more colored and silky and the 2264 is cleaner/punchier, better for drums, for what I've read, never tried the 2254.

Eddy........ I wish i ran a studio with you haha

I wish I had time to run the studio with myself :lol:

Eddy, do you have connections with the mafia? Did someone bring you this gear saying it "fell off the back of a truck"?

Nope

every time i see your posts edddy i think that i may have accidentaly clicked on the "What are you G.A.S.ing for right now? " thread :lol:
:lol:

Vintage condoms!! I forgot about getting these at a concert in 1993..... found in an old box of stuff...

IMAG0077.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the huge pic size, it goes with the territory. :D

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
-pfhuck