Your latest G.A.S. purchases

MH-401QMNT_STBLK.jpg

This beauty lies at my parents home since yesterday and i'm sitting here at Uni
counting the seconds till I get home to play it, which won't be til next friday :cry::puke:

Sexy! I have the FR version :cool:

@amrk: Yeahh played the tremolo Mh as well, but i don't really need it so i chose the NT version. First i thought WTF the old (2008) finish looks way better than the new, but in the end i extra called Thomann to make sure i get one with the new finish and not an old model they may have still in stock :lol:

Nice axe man! I've always wanted one of those models, make sure to post real pics when you have it in your hands, I haven't actually seen real pics of the new model yet. I sort of liked the natural binding on the old models vs. the white(?) binding on these ones but that might change when I see a real pic... Also, this new half chrome/half black hardware they are using looks fucking gross on their website, so hopefully in person it is a little more black and a little less chrome
pukeface.gif

I'll definately take some pics of it and i think I'll do some clips with it. But dunno whether it'll be Pod or XXX, but i think XXX with awsometimes impulse :headbang:

Fecking hell! What brand is that & how much did it cost?

It's a custom built by Aleš Vychodil (AV Basses). It's my second custom from him, the first one was a baritone 7-string. This one was pretty expensive, e.g. the Lundgren M8's were about €300 even with a group order discount (normal price would've been ~€450). I'm not sure if I'm free to tell how much it was, but let's say that while it was expensive as an instrument, it wasn't as a custom instrument built by a skilled luthier.

Oh yeah, in case you're wondering about the shape, he builds basses mainly and I've always loved how the "hi-fi" basses look like, so that's one of the reasons I decided to order my first custom from him. The first one wasn't as "bassy" as this one though.

It looks nice as hell, but Icould enver see myself moving to an eight string. Seven is just perfect for me!

That's what I thought too, until I tried an 8-string for the first time about a year ago. I also owned an Rg2228 for a while, but I didn't really get along with it because of the short 27" scale and the EMG 808's. The Rg2228 hower made me decide that I need an 8-string too. It's just got... the power of BAOOOUUUWWW? :lol:

picked up one of these yesterday

viper407.jpg

it's MINT

next on my GAS list is another Fernandes Ravelle or a Monterey, a Pod X3 and a firewire interface (maudio Firewire Solo, probably)

Mackie Onyx 400F baby!

Deskathome.jpg

$525 Factory B-stock with a 3-year warranty from Audiosavings.com (takes care of the reliability issues I've seen some complain of), and with AKM 192khz converters I'm up near or in Fireface/digi 192 territory, and there's definitely a noticeable improvement in stereo image and overall depth compared to my Onyx Satellite :headbang: AND, the best part is, it was a graduation present :D