Your latest G.A.S. purchases

signature_drumkits_box_le_gr.jpg

next on:

bild01.jpg

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Mackie Onyx 400F baby!

Deskathome.jpg

$525 Factory B-stock with a 3-year warranty from Audiosavings.com (takes care of the reliability issues I've seen some complain of), and with AKM 192khz converters I'm up near or in Fireface/digi 192 territory, and there's definitely a noticeable improvement in stereo image and overall depth compared to my Onyx Satellite :headbang: AND, the best part is, it was a graduation present :D

Congrats Marcus! I love that unit. Just finished my first multi-mic session with it (drum tracking) and it it proved itself to be a quality unit with just the right amount of features that we needed.

Thanks dudes, glad yours are workin' out for ya, and it's always nice to hear positive testimonials! For anyone that doesn't know, it was jointly designed with the guys at Echo Audio, who are pretty highly regarded for their interfaces, so yeah, the only downside seems to be the reliability, though a warranty takes care of that!

Bought a Pearl Eliminator double pedal for my drums, I can finally play again! They'd only been used by the previous owner for pad practice so they're like new. They feel awesome compared to my previous pedal, which was a Yamaha DFP9410.

I recently bought a Jackson RR24 (the 'limited' edition black/yellow) ...

And yesterday I accidentally a ENGL E530 and a (jackson) case for the Jackson :saint:

Cubase 5 ordered :)

I bought the educational version on gigasonic.com and they didn't even asked for my Student ID...

Yeah most sellers won't ask for one. Just like most, such as Guitar Center retail stores, won't ask for your old shit when you buy it as "competitive upgrade" ;)

You will get the full version though? Student version is actually the full version but with student discount right?

Yes, it's the full version, with a sticker on the box that says "Educational" or "Competitive" on it.

Just bought a set of Rode NT5s on ebay, we'll see if I dig them more than my ATM450s and C4s... I had a pair when I first got into recording but they were too hot for the Saffire Pro preamps, but now that I've ditched that thing it's a more even playing field... Last night I was listening to an old session that I used the NT5s on though and they sounded much better than the ATMs :/ Could've been the player/cymbals/room though so we'll see! Expect an SDC shootout hopefully next week?

Also bidding on an SM7B and picking up my R-121 next week. Fuuuuck I'm gonna be broke.

Just ordered a Kel HM-7U from Moogaudio, I've wanted one for a while but just noticed that Kel jacked their direct prices up $50 USD to $349 for that mic and Moog hadn't reflected that yet so I snagged it for $298 CDN while I had the chance :/

After taxes and shipping I've had an epic haul this week:
Kel HM-7U: $350
Rode NT5 Pair: $350
Royer R-121: $1000
Shure SM7B: $300 (if I win!)
+ $400 for a new desk once I get home and $400 on the 22 broadband panels I'm building next week...

Grand total: $2800

FML.

Hahaha the seller took that pic before he shipped it :p the maple fretboard has the ubiquitous sweat stains, ill have to sand it down and refinish it...im thinking tru-oil gun stock oil to finish it. heres another pic

4648_213826075726_709735726_7331860_2989449_n.jpg