Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Mikaël-ange;10187666 said:
Ordered this today:

prime4000e_solid_state_mixbus_compressor_m.jpg

And I bought a pristine condition dbx 160x 2 week ago.

Nice man!!!

I actually use the SSL on snare these days, and loooove it. I didn't like the dbx on snare that much, prefer the pop of the ssl better so i kind of second thought about the dbx :S Sounds awesome on bass though :) And if you are gonna use it on kick you need some sort of highpass filter otherwise it chokes the lowend to much.

Nice man!!!

I actually use the SSL on snare these days, and loooove it. I didn't like the dbx on snare that much, prefer the pop of the ssl better so i kind of second thought about the dbx :S Sounds awesome on bass though :) And if you are gonna use it on kick you need some sort of highpass filter otherwise it chokes the lowend to much.

I love 160x on snare, so different taste;)
But my problem is I need to buy 3 other 160x for really be happy:lol:
For kick use, you need to put an eq after for boost low end;)
Hiphop/modern pop classic> dbx160x going through eqp1a pultec:D

It might not even be New Thread worthy, guys.

I got some auralex foam from Guitar Center. It was $26 for a piece that's ABOUT 2 feet wide by about 5 feet tall. Then I bought a tri-fold poster board from Walmart. The $5 dollar ones that kids do big projects on.
I then glued the foam to the board using some glue I had lying around. I don't remember what's its called but it was "specially formulated" for multi uses, foam being especially one of them.

Let it dry for a day then BAM, you've got a tri fold isolation chamber thing. I stuck some small holes in it and I hang it up from my ceiling to track vocals next to where I sit. (think Machine Shop style vocal sessions) I've used it for every vocalist that comes in and most recently to roughly isolate a cab.

If there's any questions about it or if you wanna see pics or anything, I'll make a legit thread for it.

It might not even be New Thread worthy, guys.

I got some auralex foam from Guitar Center. It was $26 for a piece that's ABOUT 2 feet wide by about 5 feet tall. Then I bought a tri-fold poster board from Walmart. The $5 dollar ones that kids do big projects on.
I then glued the foam to the board using some glue I had lying around. I don't remember what's its called but it was "specially formulated" for multi uses, foam being especially one of them.

Let it dry for a day then BAM, you've got a tri fold isolation chamber thing. I stuck some small holes in it and I hang it up from my ceiling to track vocals next to where I sit. (think Machine Shop style vocal sessions) I've used it for every vocalist that comes in and most recently to roughly isolate a cab.

If there's any questions about it or if you wanna see pics or anything, I'll make a legit thread for it.

I'd love to see pics on this.

How much did this cost? I need to invest in one of these. Also would like to know your opinion on how well it works!

Is this the $100 one from Guitar Center? I ended up making my own for $30. It's twice the size and works just the same if not better.

This cost me 112$, but I bought it in Israel, it's an awful lot of trouble to get something from GS sent directly here. Not sure if this is the exact model they have, but i'll check it out and tell you. Hope I get to try it soon.

Could have made an isolation box on my own but it was just there.. begging me to buy it :)