Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Picked up some HS80m's today. I liked the Rokit 8's, but these are just so much nicer.

hs80m.JPG

get thoose bad boys on stands

For samples I'll refer you to Ola's and FearComplexMusic's YT clips. I won't be able to do better :lol: Besides this is my first Marshall, and the EQ is kicking my ass. Gain seems to also add bass, mids also seem to add gain, bass seems more like a low punch...so confused. ENGL has spoiled me
Yeah ENGLs are way easier to operate. A little too much gain on the JVM and it gets all muddy and fizzy.
Got one of theese as well but usually playing ENGL V.S. Is your JVM as annoyingly noisy as mine in OD1 & OD2 red?

Yeah I got it half off from a forum member else where. Also it's a Universe not a JEM. I actually traded my JEM for it. :lol:

Nailbombs apparently work great in basswood so I'm curious to hear it since the X2N7 that was in there just sucked.:puke:

Plays like butter though and sounds great acoustically so I know it was the pickups.

Yeah I got it half off from a forum member else where. Also it's a Universe not a JEM. I actually traded my JEM for it. :lol:

Nailbombs apparently work great in basswood so I'm curious to hear it since the X2N7 that was in there just sucked.:puke:

Plays like butter though and sounds great acoustically so I know it was the pickups.

Heh, good catch. I'm tired, that's my excuse. :)

Also, if you want it to sound even better, BLOCK THE TREM! Go get a wood block block installed (some places will do it free with a basic intonation/setup). I had that done to my RG7420 (which had a Liquifire/Crunchlab combo in it), and the difference was night and day. Everything was so much more harmonically rich and full of tone it was insane. Having that extra contact with the body really helps. So, if you don't really NEED the trem to be functional, try that, regardless of pickups... it will make it sound THAT much better. Seriously.

I have a tremol-no installed in it already but I know what you mean since adding a block will have it resonate through the body more. Thanks for the advice man, I'll try it out if I'm still not digging the pickup.