Your latest G.A.S. purchases

replacing my Avid mbox 3 which just aint cuttin it...i've read a ton of good things and am quite excited
MR816X-xlarge.jpg

I am so happy. I managed to get a Maxon CS-550 used for AUD$100. Happy days. Been wanting one of these for a long long time!

how does it compare to CH2?
(except for the cheap looking GUI of course)

Haven't really used it yet, I believe it should sound pretty much the same, but the addition of the limiter and the spectrafoo frequency analyzer were nice, and I like the interface better (resizable). My first AAX pluggin by the way :) The upgrade from the native version is less than 30€.

Haven't really used it yet, I believe it should sound pretty much the same, but the addition of the limiter and the spectrafoo frequency analyzer were nice, and I like the interface better (resizable). My first AAX pluggin by the way :) The upgrade from the native version is less than 30€.

that convinced me...upgraded for only 28€ or something...thanks for the tip

EDIT: here it is on a snare:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...strip-vs-waves-ssl-channelstrip-new-post.html

OO! Reminds me of the Vari-Audio stuff in cubase! Looks fancy!.

Ive recently given up on recording real drums. It's too much of a hassle and loosing battle for me to record my shitty kit, in my shitty basement, with shitty acoustics, just to sample replace half of it. I sold all of my drum mics and picked up an almost brand spankin new Roland E-Kit (dude I bought it from purchased it to learn drums on and never did!)

Picture%2013.jpg

And of course, I had to support this man. Should be coming later in the week. Thanks Andy!
91506_l.jpg

No more gear bank account, I promise.

A Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest.

Not my clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading shitload of material of budget pres, finally chose the MKII version of the Gap Pre to go with my preamp-less soundcard (Delta 66)

PRE73MKII-7592d35a06ddb6553c89321ee4f615a3.jpg

and finally... finally, THIS:

iRig-midi-interface.jpg

Now it's time for some AppStore shopping ;)