Your latest G.A.S. purchases

They're here:

ENGL-Blackmore.jpg

Ibanez-SZ320.jpg

Now, anybody want to sell me a JB & '59 set for this thing?

The best guitar Ibanez ever made IMO. And then... they discontinued it...:bah:

You should try to find an old JB (JBJ). It's no myth that they sound "better" too most people. The low end is more balanced overall, with less excursion, and they're a touch less stiff.

The best guitar Ibanez ever made IMO. And then... they discontinued it...:bah:

I haven't tried recording it properly yet. Only done that with the SZ320MH model (the one which came out right after this one, without the maple top and gloss finishes). That was one of the best sounding instruments I ever heard. Looked like someone cut up a table in a shed somewhere and retrofitted it to be an instrument. Awesome.

Hoping this one retains some of the same magic. At least when we get the JB in there.

The thing I love about this line of guitars is how they aren't anything like regular Ibanezes. It's like one of their RnD dudes just went on some kind of 'let's clone PRS/Gibson' trip in the early 00's and this came about.

Ermz, where did you get the Ibanez from? I've been looking for a decent fixed bridge version of theirs for ages, but I'm not to impressed with the current Prestige models.

^^^ Ermz, you asshole. hahaha. CONGRATS!!!

What model Ibanez is that and what exactly makes it 'superior' to other Ibanez models you've tried? VERY curious!

It's an SZ series. It's different because the body is a lot thicker than the regular S series, and I believe they are mahogany bodies at that.

It's an SZ series. It's different because the body is a lot thicker than the regular S series, and I believe they are mahogany bodies at that.

Yep, except this particular model also has a maple top, giving it a bit more of that PRS/Gibson vibe.

The one I was originally after is the all-mahogany body with stain finish, because it sounds so fat. The tone just sounds natural and undiluted. Got this one for a steal though, so I couldn't refuse.

Just got this mean bastard yesterday for a steal, and now I'd appreciate some pickup suggestions :)

IMAG0351.jpg

sorry for the awesome htc photo. It's an RGD2127Z.

Only done that with the SZ320MH model (the one which came out right after this one, without the maple top and gloss finishes). That was one of the best sounding instruments I ever heard. Looked like someone cut up a table in a shed somewhere and retrofitted it to be an instrument. Awesome.

I've literally tried a million guitars and none of them sound better than my SZ320MH. It's so huge, tight and heavy but can retain quality of notes.
I'm glad someone else in the world agrees with me on their SZ series.

I've had a bunch of 'prestige' & 'bang-for-buck' neck-thru models here in the last month, and the MH easily smoked each and every one of them at a fraction of the price. That was with a '59 in the bridge. Yeah.

I'm still on the look-out to grab my own.

*SZ high five*

:)

DSC01422.jpg

I've replaced pretty much everything in mine. Planet Waves tuners (went thru a few, actually, the pics shows Grovers), Graphtech nut, EMG 81TW/60 pickups (went thru a few as well), pickup rings (the chrome ones look pretty, but mine were hardly chrome anymore), electronics...

Does anyone know what professional recordings a sz320 was used on? No proper sounding reviews can be found on youtube. I keep hearing how great they are, but I need some proof. ;)