Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Engl.jpg

:D

FUCK YEAH!!!! let us know how you like it

The deal was too good to pass up. It's been rising in popularity with the local metalcore bands too.

I had it down here almost a year ago for a reamp-a-thon and it ate the other amps alive (6505, Dual Rec & Sig-X). Really keen to try it out again!

They're going SO fucking cheap on the used market in the last year, probably my favourite ENGL, even over the Savage to be honest. Chose the Megalith over the Blackmore in the end, even though I had a Blackmore on offer for a grand, while the Megalith was more than twice that.

^^^ Love that 2500. And I get to use the real versions of those eq's every day at the studio. They're awesome. Real musical and have a lot of character.

Got a little package from Thomann today :Spin:

I'm a metalhead godammit! Don't want POP in my recordings, had to buy this one...
IMAG0368.jpg

Will try to install these pups this weekend, a nice little upgrade for my LP copy (JB+Jazz)
Also eager to fiddle around with that delay.

IMAG0369.jpg

My girlfriend bought me a guitar! Well almost...love you babe! :D
IMAG0370.jpg

As much as I love the API stuff in person, the Waves bundle sounds off the mark to me. Always found them a bit too limiting, clean and sterile. The 2500 emu is a fair way from the hardware, and the EQ stuff I've heard done better by Nebula.

that is my main EQ fpr vocals

Was first thinking of getting the whole studio classics bundle. Two weeks ago I did the 7 day trial on that package, and I constantly came back to the API plugs, so better just save $200. I really liked the plugs, first thing that really popped for me was the 2500 on snare, wow! Also vocals came a live after this one, so hopefully I did a good buy. 290 euro for the package was a good price.

As much as I love the API stuff in person, the Waves bundle sounds off the mark to me. Always found them a bit too limiting, clean and sterile. The 2500 emu is a fair way from the hardware, and the EQ stuff I've heard done better by Nebula.

Since I never had the possibility to actually work with the real stuff on a project I don't have much comparison. For me the breakthrough was if it sounded good, and if it had the vibe I wanted. I still am a ferm believer that the real analog stuff is (for now) still unreplaceble with plugins.

But since I don't have the cash to get the real stuff I will have to stick with the plugins until then.

A pair of ATH-M50's. Pretty excited about them. Also, don't know if this qualifies as a GAS purchase but Ermz mixing guide which is just fantastic stuff and worth every euro I paid for it.

Hopefully this sounds better than the firebox I have now

00067842.jpg

+

Audio Technica ATH M20's

audio_technica_ath_m20-400-400.jpg

and a 50ft stereo extension cord if I never to be in a different room with headphones :zombie:

!B8u(g5!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!lUEy+jC2KV3BM35Zw(vg!~~0_35.JPG

My studio partner has one and we compared it to my software version.
I think they are damn close for software vs. hardware.

The waves SSL is no where near to my hardware SSL

You NEED an awesome website showing all your amps and awesome gear Eddie!!!

Someday I'll have one :)

Eddie, what camera and lens are you using? Your pictures always look so much more amazing than all the other shots of gear around.

Thanks for the nice comments.
The big difference is not the Camera and Lens, it's who is behind the camera!! LIAR!!! :lol: :lol: I wish that was true :lol:
The older pics would be from a Canon 20D with a 24-70 Lens.
From about 1-2 years I bought a 5D Mk2 and have 2 more lens: 16-35 and 70-200.

Nice!!!

Someday I'll buy an Engl. Or not...
That's something that intrigues me.
Why did I never any G.A.S. for an Engl???? :rolleyes: