Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I know I said I was holding off all further gear purchases until I finished treating my studio room - well, I lied.

I've wanted a Les Paul for a while and at this price for a USA made model and after playing one I had decided I'd buy one eventually, but I recently found out that Gibson was discontinuing the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker models and that quite a few dealers were starting to run out of stock I pulled the trigger on one. I've been a sucker for Gold Tops with Dark Backs forever so I gave in and put the order in. Hopefully it's like the one I played a few months back that is no longer for sale locally. If not, I have 45 days to return it and swap it until I find one that works (as long as they have stock).

It's a USA made Gibson with the 50's profile neck I prefer over the slimmer 60's profile with a Gibson USA 490R in the neck and 498T in the bridge. They are open humbuckers but I already have a set of Gibson pickup covers to toss on them for that closed humbucker look I prefer on a Les Paul.

I'm looking at it more for a Hard Rock/Blues guitar but we'll see.

Looks like this one:

13584_Gibson_Les_Paul_Studio_50s_Tribute_Satin_Gold_Top_134111445_1.jpg

13586_Gibson_Les_Paul_Studio_50s_Tribute_Satin_Gold_Top_134711413_a.jpg

Picked up a Krank Rev1 as a floater for home and studio use. And NO!!! those are not my setting for any amp. The guy painted his markers on the Krank and the 5150 knobs got moved from my foot bumping the knobs a few times.

2012-05-01232805.jpg