Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Loren Littlejohn said:
There is nothing like recording acoustic drums and having them not suck. Nice purchase.

Yeah, last time I recorded drums was on a POS presonus Audiobox USB I borrowed from a friend (shitty preamps have no headroom, they clip even on minimum gain, couldn't record mic'd amps at all with it) with only 2 overheads, now I can't wait to do it properly.

2139_Seymour_Duncan_Custom_Humbucker_SH-5_11102-17-B_b.jpg

My ESP Eclipse. Most money I've spent on a guitar before. Sadly the action was a bit high, and the intonation was out so I spent most of Saturday setting it up, but I think it's more rewarding this way. But something I've realised now is that most of my ESPs feel the same, so I probably won't get another one, unless it's a custom.

Attachments

• image-2916644430.jpg
    image-2916644430.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 29
In the past few days

$22 tracking headphones. Really decent actually. A little too 'plasticky' in the mids (common problem) but better bass than my way more expensive Shure and KRK headphones.

bab23fd4b5bd11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Also got a bunch more cables from Monoprice with that order.

ART PRO MPA II Reference Series 2-channel tube preamp. Low noise preamp with 70dB of gain and a ton of useful features.

DV016_Jpg_Large_H72096.jpg

New soldering station. Finally time to retire the old radio shack iron. Top quality iron for $80

caf94026b96f11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

/\

Sweet, I love mine. Of course, I don't have a stable of cabs so I have nothing to compare it to hah.

Lol I just have this and the Mesa Oversized. I can't wait to try this thing out! First thing I noticed that holy fuck is it light compared to the Mesa. It even feels lighter than my 5150/Dual Rec.

2621382.jpg

I got tired of the thin sound of my ESP MI NTB with an EMG 81 so put my PRS HFS in to try it.
Sounded much fatter. I previously put a duncan custom custom in the PRS and it is much better than the HFS so got one for the MI too.
Will now sell the HFS.

@ERMZ, my new pickup is twice as custom as yours \m/