Your latest G.A.S. purchases

With Ozone 5 Advanced (and only with the Advanced version) you can load the components instead of the whole plugin (you have Dynamics, Equalizer, Exciter, Imager, Maximizer and Reverb).

This. And O5 Advanced is like $500+ IIRC.

It works much like PODfarm 2 where you can load just the amp/cab or just the TS pedal if you want, instead of the entire plug-in. And, likewise, you can still load the instance of the regular full plug-in if you want as well.

I would pay $200 for just the limiter from O5, because that's all I would be using from it anyway.

I waited for a B-Stock on Thomann, because I want to test the Kemper and only keep it if it's really amazingly good. I like real amps more (got 5 great ones) but I can't possibly have the perfect amp for any sound or - better - a few to choose from for every purpose (Clean, Crunch, Hi-Gain, Lead, etc). If the Kemper doesn't convince me, I'll get a cool amp instead, possibly a more "vintage"-y sounding amp like a VOX AC30, old Marshall etc. All my other amps are hi-gain monsters basically :lol:
280362.jpg

With Ozone 5 Advanced (and only with the Advanced version) you can load the components instead of the whole plugin (you have Dynamics, Equalizer, Exciter, Imager, Maximizer and Reverb).

This. And O5 Advanced is like $500+ IIRC.

It works much like PODfarm 2 where you can load just the amp/cab or just the TS pedal if you want, instead of the entire plug-in. And, likewise, you can still load the instance of the regular full plug-in if you want as well.

I would pay $200 for just the limiter from O5, because that's all I would be using from it anyway.

Even if it loads them all in the $200 version, couldn't you just bypass everything but the limiter?

I assume you took advantage of the Musicstore Ozone sale? I did, bought a normal ozone 5 tho last week. Did almost panicked when i opened it, it contained a serial number for ozone 4. Good thing i understand a tiny bit of german, was a german note included wich said would get a onoze 5 code when registered the serial.

EDIT: kinda missed the part you got it of Ebay. Is it the 219 euro one?

Just in case people forgot, Tony Belmont sells iZotop products so you can get Ozone at a better price than the full one (saves a lot especially if you are into the Advanced version)

JCA100HDM-F-Web-490W.jpg

And this is how it sounds:

I used the Narcosynthesis recording from Jaymz and reamped 2 tracks (one L and one R).

Signal chain:
TS9 -> JCA100hdm -> Marshall 1936 2x12" cab with V30 and T75 speaker (I miked the V30) -> SM57 -> Focusrite Green II pre - Protools.

Used EQ on both channels with a LP@70 Hz and a HP@10 kHz and some cuts around 350 Hz, 750 Hz, 3,7 kHz and 6,2 kHz. Also a small bump at 130 Hz.

MP3's @ 320 kbps:
50 watts: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237936/JCA100hdm_50w.mp3
100 watts: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237936/JCA100HDM100w.mp3