Your latest G.A.S. purchases

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263363843f42ecf8a081980a2bc008c49c6ad.jpg

Orban 787a mic processor. Has a compressor, 3 band parametric EQ with Q, bandwidth and frequency controls, a de-esser and a gate. It's also programmable so I can save settings and recall it fully.

Getting it for 150€, see em on ebay for 800 - 900€

Can't wait till it arrives so I can see how it sounds!

some software:
vtm2.gif

Ploque Bidule
banner-Bidule3-750x601.jpg

crossgrade from Steven Slate Drums 3.0:
kontakt-5.jpg

and then Komplete 8 Ultimate Crossgrade from Kontakt 5!!! yeah!
Komplete8Ultimate__02002_zoom.jpg

La Mancha Zafiro S-Left

4/4, massive A-Grade top, bone saddle/bridge, made in china.
very well built, flawles finish, full and round sound, 339€, haven't played it much as
it arrived today but it seems like an great instrument for that price :)

LA%20MANCHA%20ZAFIRO%20S-LH.jpg

Early 2008 MBP went tits up last week... fucking bummed.

Ordered a replacement tonight, should arrive Wednesday. Most recent update of the MBP's, 13" since I can run it via thunderbolt into my 27" iMac and use that as a monitor. Geekbench scores have it hitting at 80% the power of my iMac, can't wait to put it through its paces. Gotta love Amazon for $3.99 next-day shipping and evading sales tax!

117907_g6.jpg

138285.jpg

Klark Teknik DN332 stereo 15band EQ. 120€
Mostly gonna see use as a live PA EQ but I'm try it out mixing when I get it tomorrow and see how it fares!

Just ordered Cubase 6! Should I get the 6.5 upgrade?

I wouldn't, but only because none of the things in that update interested me. I am just waiting for 7 - if it's got some awesome new features, otherwise sticking with 6.0.3 for a while.

Really interested to hear how you like this one.

The 4 function buttons are really handy. You can configure them to almost any function inside Cubase. The Jog wel works well with jogging through the tracks and with Steinberg VST3 plugins. Unfortunatelly it doesn't work well with Waves Plugins or the Metric Halo Channelstrip. I have contacted Steinberg about this (since they claim 3rd party plugins work), but as we know from Steinberg, no response. Only 3rd party plugin that instantly worked with the wheel was Line 6 Podfarm.

If you have any specific questions or wishes hit me up through PM and I can give you anser through there or make a video of it if that's necessary.

Just ordered Cubase 6! Should I get the 6.5 upgrade?

steinberg_cubase6.jpg

I just upgraded from 4 to 6.5 a breath of fresh air! Don't know what extra features 6.5 has that 6 doesn't. But I don't have any complaints about Cubase 6.5