Your latest G.A.S. purchases

One question about that MH400 dude, the body binding...I thought it was cream like the headstock binding? Looks orange there haha! Unless its reflecting off something?

I think it's a clear finish... it's not orange, it's the natural wood color underneath.

niiiiiiice man!!! congrats! let me know how she sounds buddy I WANT CLIPS

i remember the thread of you enquiring about these :)

Hahaha yeah. I tried using the USB interface that the amp has built into it directly into my computer, but there is too much latency (more than 150ms) since i'm using my on-board soundcard. Any suggestions with that? If not, I need to save up some cash to get a real interface like an MBox or M-Audio or something and some Monitors me thinks to get rid of the latency issues.

One I figure out how to get rid of the pesky lag, I will upload some clips for sure!

13" MacBook Pro with 2.26 GHz; 4GB RAM

Grunge skin for Macbook from http://infectous.com

urban_dirty_surface_2_laptop_hero.jpg

And today I was sent some plugins in exchange for reviews. I love being a blogger sometimes.
IK Amplitube Fender - short review: THE best for clean or overdrive tones, sounds fucking awesome.
StudioDevil Virtual Bass Amp: Very awesome simple Bass Amp plugin. StudioDevil has a new plug coming next month that will be awesome. hint: impulse loading built in See their Facebook page for a screenshot.
Audiffex GK Amplification Pro: Good Amp simulation of 3 Galien Kruger amps and 3 cabinets. It's a bit more flexible than VBA because of the dual cab options and variable mic placement. Worth checking out.

I got a MetalZone the other day, to use with my old solid-state practice amp. This thing fucking kills, turned the Kustom on the clean channel into a early 90s death metal monster. So far I'm just using it for rehersals with my new band, and it slays. Could use a bit more volume, but wih a 300 $ rig, can you really complain? I might record something with it soon, since I'm guessing most people would call me crazy for saying that this setup sounds anything other than abyssmal! :lol: But I guess it's all about what kind of sound you are going for, and for chainsaw grinding DM this works just fine!

AudioGeekZine said:
IK Amplitube Fender - short review: THE best for clean or overdrive tones, sounds fucking awesome.

Vintage Amp Room ;) From what I hear anyway... the IK Fender release has caught my eye before though.

13" MacBook Pro with 2.26 GHz; 4GB RAM

Grunge skin for Macbook from http://infectous.com

urban_dirty_surface_2_laptop_hero.jpg

my first thought was, omg, how cool is that, apple makes now "distressed" finishes,
but its just a vinyl skin isnt it??
arggh damn..
what about a mac book modded by james trussart then:devil:

thomann sent out a package for me today, so more g.a.s news coming up soon.. and i ordered a baldringer dual drive (marshall / bogner mode) a few minutes ago.

cheers
chris

I got a MetalZone the other day, to use with my old solid-state practice amp. This thing fucking kills, turned the Kustom on the clean channel into a early 90s death metal monster. So far I'm just using it for rehersals with my new band, and it slays. Could use a bit more volume, but wih a 300 $ rig, can you really complain? I might record something with it soon, since I'm guessing most people would call me crazy for saying that this setup sounds anything other than abyssmal! :lol: But I guess it's all about what kind of sound you are going for, and for chainsaw grinding DM this works just fine!

I'd laugh, but that is the old school way. I used to do that back in the day; my Randall half stack and the MT-2, I used to bust nuts all over harlots in the front rows.

I don't know if this counts, but I just recently decided to give the Carvin custom shop in San Diego a visit, and they hooked me up with the custom black sunburst I've always wanted on my EC-1000 for only $100! :D
Of course, they did it under the table & gave me discount because my gramps has been working there for the past 18 years, dressin them frets. but I love it. It made me immediately fall back in love with my ec.

zxlnhz.jpg