Your latest G.A.S. purchases

What d'ya need that for if you got the RoadKing? :zombie:
short version: GAS attack :)

longer version:
the dual drive (my one is with the marshall / bogner mod) sounds very heavy and with alots of balls through the roadking power amp section, but, and that was the reason i bought it, it has a total different voicing than the Dual Rectifier Preamps of course.

cheers
chris

arrived today.....f'ing loving it:

jazzmaster.JPG

Looks cool JB.

Which tom clips do you use for mics? I'm thinking of going for those over stands.

-Joe

Yeah, E604's... i actualy like them above md421 on smaller toms, more punchy.. md421 on floor though..

That's a pretty large room, and nice stuff, too :headbang: Is that a speaker on cups in front of the kick drum?

It is! i broke the monitor (alesis) but i now use the woofer as a subkick :) whatever haha it works realy well!

And another thats for the upcoming website of bob and me :)
3786037520_77aff3a30c_b.jpg

Bass setup, the Sunn killed it on bass!!!
3785143987_28a1a646cb_b.jpg

Badass dude - all too old-school for my tastes, but it's still a sweet collection! In the bottom pic, is that cab with the grille removed the Trace Elliot? And how's the Sound City cab? What's it loaded with? And what's that little itty bitty Marshall with the wheat grille? A 4x10?

I fucking love oldschool :) soundwise and buildingwise superior to alot of things you'll find these days.. allthough i still realise i can't get a 5150 sound out of my soundcity hehe
And yeah thats the Trace, not that good, but cool for the sunn beta, had the trace head on the 8x10 and running them both.
The Soundcity cab is filled with Sunn beta speakers at the moment actually! best stonerrock cab i have.. its easily over 50 kilo's btw...
The baby marschall is a 4x10 yeah

How are you getting on with the stock bridge? I couldn't, at all. Had to replace it instantly. The Mustang bridge was a big improvement for me.

I'm getting along fine with it so far. The seller in Japan had it setup perfectly before he shipped it. I had to make one tiny saddle adjustment on the G, but otherwise it was dead on. I'd heard about issues with the CIJ bridges before, but this one doesn't seem to suffer from the buzzing and other issues I've read about. The guitar is also 12 years old, so the older reissues may not suffer the same fate. Dunno, but I love this freakin' thing.

I'm getting along fine with it so far. The seller in Japan had it setup perfectly before he shipped it. I had to make one tiny saddle adjustment on the G, but otherwise it was dead on. I'd heard about issues with the CIJ bridges before, but this one doesn't seem to suffer from the buzzing and other issues I've read about. The guitar is also 12 years old, so the older reissues may not suffer the same fate. Dunno, but I love this freakin' thing.

Yeah, he probably loctited (or nail polished) the saddles. I couldn't get along with it because I pick so hard sometimes that the strings would jump around. If you ever get problems with yours, think about shimming the neck and a Mustang bridge first. I kind of dislike buzzstops, they seem to kill the vibe of the guitar. I do mute my strings behind the bridge with a piece of foam though, but just because I need to do some quick palm mutes in the stuff I currently use my JM for.

It's a very special kind of guitar indeed. I personally found my own preferred "vintage guitar" was a Jazzmaster some years ago too. My love for bands like MBV, Dinosaur jr. etc. had a huge influence too obviously. I really love playing mine too. The trem, pickups and everything is just so good.

I guess I have to admit I'm not as metal as most people on these boards though :lol:

Though I admit I love Telecasters too. I just wish Leo Fender would've realized that his neck radius sucked and flattened it.

I fucking love oldschool :) soundwise and buildingwise superior to alot of things you'll find these days.. allthough i still realise i can't get a 5150 sound out of my soundcity hehe
And yeah thats the Trace, not that good, but cool for the sunn beta, had the trace head on the 8x10 and running them both.
The Soundcity cab is filled with Sunn beta speakers at the moment actually! best stonerrock cab i have.. its easily over 50 kilo's btw...
The baby marschall is a 4x10 yeah

Cool dude - I definitely wouldn't mind having an old Marshall (;)) or two, but I'd need at least one modern high-gain head as well, and cab wise, well, you know :D

It's a very special kind of guitar indeed. I personally found my own preferred "vintage guitar" was a Jazzmaster some years ago too. My love for bands like MBV, Dinosaur jr. etc. had a huge influence too obviously. I really love playing mine too. The trem, pickups and everything is just so good.

I guess I have to admit I'm not as metal as most people on these boards though :lol:

Though I admit I love Telecasters too. I just wish Leo Fender would've realized that his neck radius sucked and flattened it.

Ditto. I know what you mean re: the tone of these things. You love it or you don't. Same with Teles.

I'm also nowhere near into metal as most here - in fact I'm nonplussed by most modern metal. I was lucky enough to grow up when the genre was innovative and not as saturated. I miss being blown away like I was when Rust in Peace came out - nothing sounded like that before it came out. Same with Sound of White Noise (although that's not aged as well). I still get those moments, but they're a bit few and far between with metal these days.

Out of interest, what style do you use that particular guitar for? Obviously if it was a V, Explorer, strat, LP, etc I could take a punt.

In terms of guitar tones, I'm exploring more heavy indie-like tones. J Mascis is a big hero of mine, so that's a big reason for finally picking up the JM. Taking elements of my favourite heavier indie bands like Shiner, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Dinosaur Jr and blending that with the noisier/grungier side of rock like Unsane and even old AIC is when I'm headed right now. It's the music that defined me in the early/mid 90s and still resonates with me now.

My two main workhorses are now the Jazzmaster and my Ric 330 (inspired by Mark of Cain). The JM replaces my tele which I've had for 10 years. I'm more interested in pushing the extremes of more vintage-type instruments as opposed to the EMG/5150 route at the moment. I'm pretty awful with the latter combination anyway as I'm a bass player/singer first and foremost, and my guitar technique is solid but pretty old school.