Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Oh shit, we used to have an Eko Tiger at our rehearsal place, which was owned by one of the bands. We used to mess around with it every once in a while, great fun! And the "backing tracks" in it... :headbang: :lol:

Yeah, a friend of mine from school has one. It's the big brother of the Super Junior, although the horrible tones are argued to be even inferior to it's predecessor :D I gotta mic this one up with an old Unidyne and add some distortion, should result in some nasty old-school vibes :)

what a beauty!:worship:
any chance for a few hi-quality pics!?

yep!:)

2wrdug1.jpg

Looks comfy.... however, I feel I must warn you: Girlfriends will linger if there's a big, comfy couch for them to sit on. They tend to never come back if they're made to sit on the floor. (Yes, I know this from experience!) :devil:

I've found that having the kid picked up by his nan for the day, and a bottle of vodka and a pack of cigs for the mrs works pretty well...

Here's my new toy today:
n640581080_3078132_5645726.jpg

Sounds fucking amazing. Expect some clips soon.

How do you rate their bass stuff?? a friend of mine has a bass amp and 4X10 cab for sale i think, not had chance to try it, never really heard of the brand again until today...

Pair of these: *40DC's*

emg-40dc.jpg

my ltd b-305 = WANTS!!!!! :worship:notworthy

just read through this entire thread from start to finish and its given me really bad gas...

but ideas on what people are using and inspiration to earn money to buy is appreciated...

Marquez MD200 Dreadnought
9640_10mg.jpg

And looking to upgrade it with this kit I found on ebay
FISHMAN.jpg

*edit* : Just found this... I've never heard of either brand but I like the potential idea of having a piezo/coil blend and tuner.
belcat.jpg

Had a look at the Belcat website and am leaning towards the Prener-LC Model anyone have experience in this sort of upgrade or do you reckon its best to just buy a semi-acoustic guitar from the get go?

Haha yeah, im now selling the passive versions of those with an active EQ system in. They aren't much cheaper to buy than the actives either! I guess they are both good, just depends if you want actives or passives :)

aye mines got the HZ's and active EQ in there, but to be honest, the EQ on my bass is always flat, so i'll be upgrading to active without EQ and probably sell the Passives and EQ on...

So James, you went from passive pickups with an active eq to active pickups with a passive eq? :loco:

Yup :)

I had to have the bass knob rolled totally off with the active EQ otherwise it boom would be too much even for Tad Donley with the Sansamp.

Yep knobs on full = simple and "full of win" of people on here put it

PS: Also running them at 18v

Sweet dude, and yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep the eq in my Jazz Bass passive as well, cuz with active eq's there's the ability to boost frequencies and thus have more potential to fuck things up :lol: Then again, not all active eq's are created equal of course, so I'll just play it by ear once I get it set up and good to go and can start experimenting!

And it's "made of win", btw :D

Sweet dude, and yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep the eq in my Jazz Bass passive as well, cuz with active eq's there's the ability to boost frequencies and thus have more potential to fuck things up :lol: Then again, not all active eq's are created equal of course, so I'll just play it by ear once I get it set up and good to go and can start experimenting!

And it's "made of win", btw :D

Damn, I know so many bassists who have basses with active eq's and, who just put all knobs on full without even knowing what the knobs do. :puke:

Like this one guy I play with. Everything on 10 on the bass (which on his bass means neck pickup with the bass and treble totally boosted as far as they go) and the bass cranked on the amp as well. Sounds like a farting whale or something, just rumbly mess :ill:

I even had a bassist friend ask me why his bass is broken. Turns out his active eq had run out of batteries. He didn't even know what an active eq meant and when I pulled the battery out of his bass, he was like "What the hell, I didn't know basses need batteries too!" :zombie:

HAhahaha, well I'm not THAT retarded, I just don't really like the idea of having so much tone shaping possibilities that are unchangeable once the recording is done, especially when I have so little experience recording/mixing the instrument in question!

I guess the additional EMG eq's you can buy would be better but I prefer less knobs to tweak around with. I think they do up to a 6 band active EQ or something?

Made of win! Apologies :)