Your latest G.A.S. purchases

IMG_3330.jpg

windsorframus.jpg

Sold my Jazzmaster (found out the hard way that I still can't adapt to the vintage radius & small frets) and got a Framus cab as a part of the payment. I've had one of these earlier and don't really like these that much because they sound so tight, but at least I can use my Windsor now. I might switch the other v30 to something else or something, I don't really know yet.

The Windsor sounded pretty cool, but REALLY needs a TS in front. I don't have one yet, but I'll be building one soon. After that, I might try micing it up.

I just purchased a PODxt from ebay - while that is nothing special, I think I got it pretty cheap for the great condition it is in - all for $102.00.

It was sort of funny - the person selling it had it listed as a PODxt, but had a picture of an old original POD as the listing picture - I sent an email to confirm that it was a PODxt and received confirmation that it was just a mistake in the picture for the listing. So I bid on it figuring I would lose out once the picture was corrected. Well, it never did get corrected and I won it with my original bid of $102.00 - not that bad of a price compared to what I see them going for.

PODxt.jpg

I never owned one (only a TonePort for PODFarm before this) so I figured what the hell.

Sacalus, how is the RNLA/RNC? I've been thinking about getting that combo for a while.

Also! Bought the Windsor.

Sacalus, how is the RNLA/RNC? I've been thinking about getting that combo for a while.

Also! Bought the Windsor.

Well I bought them for tracking Bass and vocals. It seems that the Firepod's returns override the instrument input/line input on the front to some degree but I ran a DI guitar into the RNLA with a little bit of gain reduction and the log release and it fattened things up quite a bit making Revalver sound more natural. I should be tracking vocals next week so we'll see if I like the character of the RNLA over the transparency of RNC. I also need to re-arrange the rack they're in since they are unbalanced and are picking up some interference from the Firepod transformers. I'm wondering if anyone has the PCB-6A from FMR and what kind of mojo their new flagship balanced comp has. Tape-Op's message board has a used gear section as well and there is usually FMR stuff going at a decent price as well.

I'm also expecting a Radial J48 DI today so I'll see if it out performs the peterson tuner's DI(for the price it better be amazing).

We played with Echoes of Dead Gods 2 weeks ago and the rhythm player rocked a Windsor Half stack. It can pull off a decent Slayer tone and can work in a Death Metal context as well. Its a great amp for the money.