More purchases for the studio...

PRS Private Stock

web.jpg

web.jpg

Martin EC 000-42M

web.jpg

web.jpg

Profire2626_newatnamm.jpg

Not GAS as much as necessity, Behringer ADA8000 decided to just stop working a couple of weeks ago. Luckily we were done with the drums already on the current project and in the middle of guitars... Having dedicated outputs for reamping is going to be so much better than MAIN outs on my 8Pre :lol:

Profire2626_newatnamm.jpg

Not GAS as much as necessity, Behringer ADA8000 decided to just stop working a couple of weeks ago. Luckily we were done with the drums already on the current project and in the middle of guitars... Having dedicated outputs for reamping is going to be so much better than MAIN outs on my 8Pre :lol:

I'm also using the ADA8000. Did you ever notice a really annoying 60hz hum out of yours? Also when using the ADAT did you notice that the preamps made noise without being plugged into anything?

I'm also using the ADA8000. Did you ever notice a really annoying 60hz hum out of yours? Also when using the ADAT did you notice that the preamps made noise without being plugged into anything?

Never had the preamp issue and I did run mine via ADAT into my 8Pre. However, I did occasionally get the 60Hz hum depending on which DDrum trigger was plugged into what input on it! Strange as fuck, but simply putting snare trigger on input 3, instead of 2, would fix it. :loco:

Other than that, no issues with it - oh, except for when it died with no warning haha. It was literally working fine one day, wouldn't turn on the next. The repair center here wanted $40 to assess the problem and then $60/hour + parts to repair it with a 3 week turnaround. When I told the tech they were out of their mind because the unit is $200 new they had nothing to say. I lol'ed and hung up.

Hmm... I didn't know they did that. I went to Behringer's site, looked up the local repair center and called. They told me those prices and that was it. So, I decided instead of A) spending 50% or more of what the unit is worth, new, to fix it or B) spending another ~$200 on a new one so it goes out on me 1.5 years later, I would rather spend the extra dough now and get the 2626.

But you are saying if I take it to, for example, Guitar Center, they will swap it out? I don't have my receipt from when I bought it from an eBay dealer, but I do have the box! :lol: